Forums Latest Members
  1. RSRSpeedy Oct 23, 2018

Hello, I am thinking of purchasing a new Speedy and am now looking at the 40mm Racing (blue dial w/black registers) and the relatively new 38mm ones (grey dial w/orange accents). I have previously owned the Professional and the FOIS and sold them. My wrist is small (6.5") and the Moonwatch was too large and I had difficulty reading the hands on the FOIS due to the lack of contrast between hands and dial for me (personal issue). I have also considered a Speedy Reduced at 38mm as another option. Is there feedback on the popularity or lack thereof of the Racing and new 38mm ones versus a Speedy Reduced? Was looking for some expert opinions from here before making my decision. My first entry into this forum. Thank you.

2. Stufflers Mom Oct 23, 2018

Finding a nice tritium dial reduced is one option, but they can be problematic to repair, I never saw this one again after it never came back from repair I got a full refund.

P1130601.JPG

3. connieseamaster Oct 23, 2018

I have a 6.5" wrist and have tried on the new 38mm Speedmasters (the orange/grey is my favorite too!). I think it's a super wearable watch at that size, but I have strong worries about the further restriction of modern Omega parts, making it hard to service the watch in the future.

4. Stufflers Mom Oct 23, 2018

That's always something to consider when buying a watch these days, there's a lot to be said for a sturdy 7750 movement.