Forums Latest Members
  1. AustinStm Oct 18, 2017

Wow, OK, my month-old Speedmaster is already having issues. A couple weeks ago, soon after winding, I engaged the chronograph and suddenly, for no reason, after about an hour, the watch stopped completely. I pressed the button up top and nothing happened. Then, I pressed the reset and nothing happened. Back and forth I pressed until finally, I took the crown out, set the time (stopped for a few minutes) and then the watch started again.

The second incident was about a week afterwards. Soon after winding, the chronograph stopped but the watch was running without it. I looked and confirmed -- second hand moving fine, chronograph stopped. (No, I didn't inadvertently stop the chronograph myself.)

The watch is fully wound at the same time every day so I know that's not it. I could take it back to the AD, still under warranty, but I'm wondering what his repair guys could do other than observe it since, for the most part, the watch works great. I had the chronograph going for 6 plus hours yesterday and it ran without incident.

Has anyone else run into a wonky Speedmaster? Did I get a turkey? Is my Speedmaster possessed by mischievous spirits that want to give me a heart attack? Any advice from anyone would be most helpful. Thanks!

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 18, 2017

Take it back to where you bought and let them sort it out.

Foo2rama and oddboy like this.
  3. Shailor Oct 18, 2017

It's like when I bring my car in for service and I hope it makes the same sounds when the tech is looking it over. It'll be tough to diagnose the problem until it stops again. You'd be better off bringing it into your AD sooner than later so they have a record of you making the complaint well within the warranty period. If they give it back to you unable to figure out the problem, you'll at least be protected under the warranty when or if it stops again. If it does stop again, by all means, bring it in while not working. Good Luck!

cicindela likes this.
  4. AustinStm Oct 18, 2017

Thank you. I'm kinda hoping it never happens again. Wishful thinking!