Forums Latest Members
  1. kasga Apr 23, 2019

Hello guys.
    I am a newbie in the forum.
    I recently purchased my first moonwatch a few days ago from an Omega AD out of states. When I received the watch today, I was very happy but what I found something weird on the ss bracelet. I just gently tried to wipe the bracelet (just using an Omega soft cotton) with blowing breath on but I found these marks in the pic I attached as below. They are not visible at all in normal but once it mists up, then they are obviously visible. I assume these are welding marks for connecting each link.
    I have the same marks all the way other sides of the bracelet.
    I had a seamaster 300 diver but I could not see any of these on my ss bracelet.

Is this normal for Moonwatch ss bracelet? If I need to send the watch over to Omega service center, is the Swatch Group US in Seattle service center I should use?

Any advice will be truly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

IMG_7859.jpg

2. mblease Apr 23, 2019

Just checked my 2019 Moonwatch bracelet and there are no marks. I’d contact the AD if I were you.

3. mblease Apr 23, 2019

Sorry! Just reread your post properly and have seen that the marks are only visible when the bracelet mists up, can't say I've ever notice this on mine, can check later though.

4. Donn Chambers Apr 23, 2019

That is very strange. I’ve never seen anything like that. I would take it to the AD or a boutique first and show them first. They might arrange to get a new bracelet for you. I don’t think there’s a need to send the whole watch in for service if it’s just the bracelet that is odd.

5. kasga Apr 23, 2019

I appreciate for your reply.
    Yes they are invisible in normal condition but the show up when the bracelet mists up. :(

6. kasga Apr 23, 2019

Yes. This is really strange. I did not see those marks on my seamaster so I just emailed and attached the pics Swatch group US which is official Omega service center. I am waiting for their answer but if they accept walk-in, I will be willing to do that.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 23, 2019

My guess is slightly different heat conductivity/retention due to construction of the bracelet only seen under fairly rare circumstances.

I’d not worry. My guess is that after wearing it for a few hours it would not happen. Or if done first thing in the morning when the metal is all the same cold temp it would not be present.

8. kasga Apr 23, 2019

Your comment makes sense. I will try to wear it for a few hours first then. Hopefully, it completely disappears but if there is nothing changed, I will mention the service center to the thing I did.