Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Signature Collection-YouTube Channel - Houston, we've got a new video!

1. TLIGuy Jun 2, 2017

52 years ago today one hundred and twenty miles above the Earth, Major Edward H. White II opened the hatch of the Gemini IV spacecraft and stepped out of the capsule, becoming the first American astronaut to walk in space. Today also marks the 2nd anniversary since I first shared my Speedmaster Signature Collection* here at the Omega Forum. I would like to thank everyone that has followed my project as it has evolved over the past 2 years and the Omega Forum staff for allowing me the opportunity to share my collection here. Their assistance has been invaluable and is greatly appreciated.

To celebrate this anniversary I would like to share with you a new way to present the Speedmaster case back signed by Jim McDivitt, who as the Command Pilot of Gemini IV photographed that historic event.

I always thought it would be interesting to combine my original image with video, photographs, and audio to better tell the story of what the piece represents. With the help of Animator Neil Smith, whose talents are beyond words, I believe I have finally been able to do just that. Neil’s vision and creativity along with his image and video editing skills have brought Jim McDivitt’s piece to life in a way that beautifully captures the meaning of the piece. I am thankful for Neil’s interest in my project and his effort working with me to make this happen. Also, for those interested in learning more about Neil’s fantastic work, more can be seen here.

Turn up the volume and I hope you enjoy my tribute to Jim McDivitt, Ed White, and the Gemini IV mission.

*This collection has been assembled for my own personal use and its sole purpose is to honor the men that participated in the manned spaceflight program and their achievements. The collection is not endorsed by Omega, The Swatch Group, NASA, or the astronauts participating and there are no commercial or financial interests associated with the collection. In no way do I benefit either financially or otherwise from this collection.

Edited Jun 19, 2017
    perks713, blubarb, JMH76 and 15 others like this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 7, 2017

3. TLIGuy Jul 18, 2017

I would like to share the new video "Window Above The World" created for my collection for the Expedition 40/41 mission piece.

Edited Jul 18, 2017
    blubarb, SpeedyPhill and JMH76 like this.
  4. JMH76 Jul 18, 2017

Great videos!

TLIGuy likes this.
  5. blubarb Sep 24, 2017

The best!

TLIGuy likes this.
  6. TLIGuy Nov 7, 2017

I would like to share the new video "The First Order of Business" created for my collection for Fred Haise's Apollo 13 mission piece.

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 7, 2017

Nice video. Very well done.

TLIGuy likes this.