Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich Weight

1. flilow06 Apr 27, 2018

I prefer the pros of the speedy sapphire sandwich, but I've been reading that the weight difference in comparison to the hesalite speedy becomes quite noticeable when worn on a strap. I've only been able to see one on a bracelet, but do plan on switching it over to a strap. I do not enjoy wearing heavier watches and I'm wondering if this will become a deal-breaker for me. Any input from those with experience wearing both on straps is greatly appreciated!

**Not looking for a sapphire vs hesalite debate (I've read them all) - please keep it specific to weight

Edited Apr 27, 2018
  2. roadsternet Apr 27, 2018

It is 6-8 gramms more,but no problem the back side saphirglas get a little bit worm and sits very perfect an the wrist.
    In my remembering the saphire version on strap was more comfortable as the steel caseback version.

s-l1600 (62).jpg
  3. flilow06 Apr 27, 2018

Thanks and great pic!

4. Odat May 5, 2018

I’ve had both and weighed them. The Speedmaster hesalite head weighs 64.2 grams and the sapphire head weighs 68.8 grams so the weight difference is negligible(4.6 grams). I also agree that the sapphire version felt more comfortable on the wrist.

5. flilow06 May 5, 2018

Thanks gents! Very helpful.