Forums Latest Members
  1. mjkingz Jan 16, 2019

Hey all,

New to the forum board. My name is Mike.

I'm interested in purchasing a 1995 Speedmaster reduced 3510.50 via. the internet but within my country; I won't be able to see it in person. The private seller has some great pictures but none of the movement and has no paperwork and/or detail on service history. So it's risky. My question to the community is do you see anything wrong with the image below? Also, should I request the seller to take of the case back and send me an image of the movement? and/or video of everything functioning?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

image_1.jpg image_2.jpg
  2. KingCrouchy Jan 16, 2019

Hands got replaced, those Speedy Reduced have often issues with the movement, and service is higher than the worth of the watch. You absolutely need pictures of the movement, don't take a risk

felsby likes this.
  3. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Jan 16, 2019

My watchmaker sneers when that movement is mentioned. Seriously.

4. Canuck Jan 16, 2019

Hands replaced? How so? They look okay to me. As with any pre-owned watch you might buy, you should be prepared to have it serviced. Not a lot of shops will service the Speedmaster reduced owing to poor parts availability. The Speedmaster Professional seems to be the preferred version hereabouts, or the newer automatic wind versions which reportedly are easier to work on. I show my reduced only so you can decide for yourself if the hands have been changed. Disregard the colour difference on the sub dial hands.

E00CEA85-B55B-4517-90AF-008F9DEECB92.jpeg