Omega Seamaster 300 ref. 165.024

Posts
3
Likes
0
Hi guys.

I am looking at this Omega 300 165.024. But I hope you can help me review the watch. I hope you can review the watch and give me your feedback on anything I should be aware of regarding the watch

Kind Regards
 
Posts
1,210
Likes
1,690
Is that a watch co dial?
Looks like an old case with new dial and hands. Put it a new case and you have a watchco馃槈
The movement looks nice!
 
Posts
1,210
Likes
1,690
For the OP, not the better example out there. With patience you can source an all original one or even a newer watchco if you like
 
Posts
3
Likes
0
Hey Guys
Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciate it - My knowledge about Omega is limited or near none exciting 馃榾

Would you want to comment on what this watch would be worth? I got it offered in a trade
 
Posts
759
Likes
1,696
Hi. Someone else can give you a value if they want, but this watch's worth is not the point. The problem is this watch doesn't know what it wants to be, which (for me) makes it the worst kind of watch (other than fake). There are basically two ends of the spectrum for an SM300.....totally vintage with all original parts (mkt price $3500+ in great shape) on one end and Watchco, all original but NOS parts, ($2800+) on the other end. Both are great choices and depend on tastes, needs, etc. This one has parts from each end........vintage case/movement with watchco-esque dial and hands. Yuck. This arms you to answer the value question.......How far below the $2800-$3500 price range above does this watch need to be priced to make you forget about having a watch that does know what it wants to be? Hint: The answer is that the longer you enjoy watches the farther below that price it will need to be......and it will keep going lower until you will completely regret owning this watch. My opinion.........
 
Posts
5,861
Likes
16,802
I don't understand why this dial, a vintage TT dial, is being referred to as a WatchCo dial? Aren't their NOS dials newer, non vintage, SWISS MADE dials?
 
Posts
1,210
Likes
1,690
I don't understand why this dial, a vintage TT dial, is being referred to as a WatchCo dial? Aren't their NOS dials newer, non vintage, SWISS MADE dials?
You're right,
Didn't noticed it at first look on the phone 馃う
 
Posts
759
Likes
1,696
So I'm looking on my phone and may be missing finer details.........are we saying this is a NOS vintage tritium dial and hands? Such a rare thing, at least in my limited experience. If the rest of the watch is used vintage, it makes things a little more interesting, but not sure it changes my mind too much overall.
 
Posts
5,861
Likes
16,802
i think the dial is vintage but unattractive without lume. The hands may be replacements. The bezel is vintage but very faded. What's the movement number ? Still quite a few questions need answering.
 
Posts
5
Likes
0
The 2 band ends Ref.516 are for caterpillar bracelet.
maybe replaced for later and cheaper Ref.1170 bracelet. proper ends for Ref.1170 bracelet for this watch is Ref.633
band ends Ref.516 are relatively rare and expensive.
You can get more than$200 selling Ref.516ends on ebay.
 
Posts
5,861
Likes
16,802
516 end links are generally paired with a 1039 20mm bracelet.
 
Posts
3
Likes
0
Hey Guys. Almost forgot about this thread.

Thank you for the many comments. I really appreciate that you took the time to help me. As I said I do not have my knowledge in Omega watches.
 
Posts
69
Likes
23
Hey Guys. Almost forgot about this thread.

Thank you for the many comments. I really appreciate that you took the time to help me. As I said I do not have my knowledge in Omega watches.

If you are looking for an original SM300 I suggest to take one completely vintage. From your photos seems that watch has an original service (Luminova) "Watchco" dial.
I suggest to take some time and read this guide:馃槈 http://scubawatch.org/hallofshame.html

Cheers
Max
 
Posts
183
Likes
179
Just bought me one of those watchco.
They are lovely looking