Speedmaster Racing Steel- and Seamaster- Merry Christmas

I went to my local store, consignment, to look at a moon watch they have had for some time. It's the brown dial sapphire. I like it but don't love it. I was hoping the seller would mark it down. In the case were two other Omega watches. 2254.50 (only the watch on a Hirsch strap with Omega buckle) and this Speedmaster Racing Steel reference 329.30.44.51.04.001 with box and papers. Christmas sale going on also. I offered a very low price on both. It was an older gentleman who was letting them go and he told the owner what his bottom dollar was. I was in the right place at the right time.
The Seamaster Pro has scratches on the lugs from removing the strap. When I first looked I thought "someone is scratching the serial # off" but under a loop it is there and the scratches are on opposite lugs. Pocket knives destroy these things. Anyway, I hadn't been looking for the Speedmaster Racing Co-axial because they are normally way out of my range.
The buckle on the Speedmaster has some rash on it but that is ok. I will enjoy this thing. For the past 4 hours it has worn very nicely.
Merry Christmas to me!

tempImageWnMG24.png tempImage2sBRe6.png tempImagemDu9ef.png tempImageWrtbQv.png tempImage4k9hWa.png tempImageznGLqZ.png tempImageNEHbDg.png tempImage78Ekzn.png

You have to tell us how good of a deal!!!

Elmendorf AFB!

My dad was stationed at Ft. Richardson back around 1974 to 77.

I went to college and then up there in the summer. My brother and I stayed in AK for a few years after they left.

Crazy times.

Love your 2254.50. I picked mine up a few months ago. Very comfortable and love the hands on it.

Elmendorf AFB!

My dad was stationed at Ft. Richardson back around 1974 to 77.

I went to college and then up there in the summer. My brother and I stayed in AK for a few years after they left.

Crazy times.

Love your 2254.50. I picked mine up a few months ago. Very comfortable and love the hands on it.

I was stationed there in the 80s. Loved it. I love the 2254.50 hands also. Great watch.

I was stationed there in the 80s. Loved it. I love the 2254.50 hands also. Great watch.

My wife took me on a surprise trip to Anchorage for my 60th birthday, about 7 years ago. (How did she get me to the airport if it was a surprise? Short story, I'm not very clever.)

Point is that it hadn't changed that much. Elmendorf is now a joint base with Ft Rich and we couldn't drive on to visit, but we went to Hatcher's Pass and Seward, etc... Worth a trip if you can work it in.