Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Racing 40mm discontinued?

1. belton96 May 27, 2020

Hey guys,

while scrolling through the Omega website I noticed that the Speedmaster Racing 40mm is not listed anymore.

Seems like it is no longer available. I really liked it but have never seen it in the flesh at any AD so buying was no option for me.

2. NikolShep May 27, 2020

I just tried one on at my AD (I am in Canada) a few months ago. Even if discontinued, chances are other ADs may have it, you may want to give them a call/visit.

belton96 likes this.
  3. ama98 May 27, 2020

I heard some time ago that they will be gone. Omega slowly updating the movements in their watches across the portfolio so they might come back later with an update....

belton96 likes this.
  4. Graemega May 27, 2020

Was way cheaper than anything else in the range, so I guess it’s been phased out as per the previous Seamaster model that was around the same amount.

belton96 likes this.
  5. kpinthebay May 27, 2020

I love mines. Got it for $2500 unworn full set from a trusted seller here.
    Great deal for a chrono, even though Omega tries to pass it off as an in house movement.

belton96 likes this.
  6. belton96 May 28, 2020

Yes it could be that they will bring it back with a master chronometer calibre. But the actual calibre should also be capable passing the tests.

Sure it is no true in-house calibre but Omega exclusive because of the si14 hairspring and the co-axial escapement.

2500 bucks sounds great. Wow...never seen it under 3k Euro here. An updated version will be much more expensive I guess.

Jackyloi2110 likes this.
  7. Vix Jul 13, 2020

Never been a fan of it mainly due to size but at grey prices it was always a bit of a bargain, I almost got tempted at one point, until I found a nice Racing 44 instead. They'll probably revamp the 40.