Forums Latest Members
  1. Hotwheelbill Feb 24, 2015

I listed my Speedmaster Triple Date 3523.30 on Ebay and it has sold. The seller now has concern that it is not real.
    So, question, Did all the Speedmaster 3523.30 have the serial number on the outside of the back case cover?
    Mine does not and I have never had it opened to see the number.

2. Fost Feb 24, 2015

HI, picture will help.

3. Hotwheelbill Feb 24, 2015

4. Hotwheelbill Feb 24, 2015

I just took this watch to my watchmaker, and he opened it and it is an 1151b movement and reference number 1750084.
    But........no serial number to be found.
    Would, did, Omega make some watches with no serial numbers?
    Anyone know where it may be on this Speedmaster?

5. chickenman26 Feb 24, 2015

Sounds like a previous owner or seller polished off the serial #. I doubt that watch was produced with no # and frankly surprised you never noticed. If it were me, I'd return it to you. Are you sure it isn't hiding on the underside of a lug?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2015

The Cal. 1151 is not a COSC rated movement, so these are not numbered as chronometer movements would be. When I look up your reference on the Omega Extranet, the movement details say "Numbering: Without" so these movements are not numbered.

It's possible the serial number on the case back was removed for some reason, or that the case back was replaced - new case backs do not have serial numbers engraved on them. I have only ever seen the serial number on the flat area on the case back on these models - never on the lugs.

Cheers, Al

B.Frost likes this.
  7. chickenman26 Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, should have done a bit more looking before suggesting the lug. Sorry...

8. Hotwheelbill Feb 24, 2015

I always took it for granted it was inside the watch and I have never had it opened until today.
    It does not look to have ever been polished , so I will let the buyer know it could have a replacement back and we will go from there.
    I could not hold anyone to this auction with this new info.
    Thanks Al.

9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Feb 24, 2015

I've just looked at the serial numbers on mine and they aren't very deep, it's quite possible they've been polished out. The number on mine is on the smooth part of the case back directly below the hippocampus.