Forums Latest Members
  1. insane65 Oct 27, 2011

Greetings all, just joined so I could ask some Omega experts about a Speedmaster Professional that I received as a gift 18 months ago. It was used but in good condition with stainless steel band, black dial with the days located at 9 oclock, hours at 6 o'clock and day of month numbers at 3 o'clock. Haven't seen one like it on ebay or a few of the retailers online which sets the first question. Could mine be a fake? If it's a real Omega then what is it worth?

The winder recently fell out as well and I still have it. I have no idea what it would cost to have that winder reinstalled. I'm debating on whether to fix it and keep it or sell it. Or maybe fix it then sell it. It's a fabulous timepiece and I'm up for some advice from you good folks. Sorry I don't have a pic, I know that helps.

I have packaging for it as well but no owners manual or any info on it at all. The box is all wood with Omega in black letters on top with logo in black and a black cardboard box which the wooden box sits in also with lettering and logo on top in black.

This Omega isn't my first nice watch. I previously owned a Rolex Air King for about 3 years. Between the two, I like the Omega better. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any info that you can share.

2. ulackfocus Oct 27, 2011

Sorry to say, but "no pictures = no help". The only way we can authenticate something is if we can see clear photos of the dial, case, and movement.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2011

It sounds suspect, unless its just your description that isn't ringing any bells, as posted above, we need pics.

4. Steve Oct 28, 2011

Not to sure what watch you've got there ??
    If it has a date window the sub dials tend to be at 12,6 and 9, except the Broad Arrows date window is normally lacated at 6 o'clock or between 4 and 5.
    The dials on a standard speedmaster are hours, minutes and seconds.
    Like the guys have said, we need pics.