Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Professional Repair and APO Adresses

1. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

Hello I tried using the search function and wasn't able to really find an answer to my questions. If I missed it and it has been asked before, I apologize in advance.

Where can I send my Speedmaster Professional (ref. 3570.50) off to have the hesalite crystal replaced that can ship to APO addresses? Thanks.

2. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

I think I should add that I did try to send it to Omega, however I was quoted a price of around $800 and told it would take 2-3 months. Not a typo, that;s what I was quoted from the Omega AD I went through. I was hoping it was something lost in translation (stationed in Okinawa but I don't speak Japanese), however it more or less solidified that I cannot go through Omega.

3. italy1861 Dec 31, 2015

Omega won't just replace the crystal. The price they quoted was a complete service+crystal replacement.

JohnAcosta likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2015

You'd best find an independent watchmaker in Japan, might mean getting a friend who speaks the language to help out but there are no shortage of them around.

A quick google suggests these guys might have in in-house watchmaker, but can't say for sure: http://yamashiro93.com

JohnAcosta likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 31, 2015

Anyone can send it back to an APO address...I've serviced several from Japan that have been sent from and back to APO addresses. The harder part will be finding someone who will only replace the crystal...

Cheers, Al

6. alam Dec 31, 2015

A great duty station! enjoy while it lasts! :thumbsup:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2015

BTW is the crystal actually cracked or is it just badly scratched? because you can take care of a lot of hesalite crystal damage yourself with polywatch.

8. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

Thanks for the response but I've taken it to two watch repair shops here with a replacement crystal from Otto Frei, and they couldn't do it. They said the crystal doesnt fit the case, even though I've double/triple checked the case number against the part number of the crystal. I just want my watch fixed, so I'm looking to go outside Okinawa, and the rest of Japan for that matter.

9. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

It's definitely broken.

10. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

That's good to hear, do you have any suggestions? I've sent an e-mail to ABC Watchwerks but they never responded.

11. alam Dec 31, 2015

JohnAcosta likes this.
  12. JohnAcosta Dec 31, 2015

Thank you! I'll send him an e-mail now.

And thank you to all who replied in the thread.