Forums Latest Members
  1. DonovanMartin Nov 3, 2017

I just picked this up and will be sending it off for cleaning/repair.
    The crown and stem came off immediately. Hopefully not too much internally wrong. The 1040 caliber is a great one from what I've seen and they way my Mark III runs I don't think I'll be disappointed!

I'm sticking with the original worn out hands because they match the dial. I'll have the crystal replaced but won't have the case lapped(at least that is my thinking at the moment).

Does the movement/case just "pop" out of the outer portion? I know these were called "modular" or something like that. I haven't put too much pressure on it and it moves a bit but I don't want to damage anything. Did Omega sell other cases separately so people could switch as they desired?

I was looking for a better set of aged hands for this and I can't find much on the Mark IV. I was very disappointed it didn't even get a page/or picture in the MoonWatch Only book. It is mentioned but that is it.

Are the hands the exact same as the Mark III since they share a common movement?

I'll be looking for a bracelet with correct end links if possible. 1162 bracelet with 172 end links?

IMG_4734.JPG IMG_8549.JPG IMG_1386.JPG

2. DonovanMartin Nov 6, 2017

I guess there is limited info on these? Hands? Case removal?

3. Lucasssssss Nov 6, 2017

4. DonovanMartin Nov 6, 2017

5. Lucasssssss Nov 6, 2017

Don't thank me! It is @Andy K's website and work. Glad I could point you in the right direction.