Forums Latest Members
  1. Rich D May 25, 2016

Hi, I have just purchased a manual winding speedmaster mark ii. It was described in the jewellers as pre owned but had never been worn, the staff did not know too many details about it, but I liked the look of it and bought it. I can't seem to find out when the watch was made, if it is an old model that has been re-issued or if it is just an old model. Does anybody know if this model is still produced or when the production stopped on it?

IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1403.JPG
  2. proximal May 25, 2016

This is an "old" one, using the same movement as the Speedmaster Pro of the same time period. The reissued one that is currently available from Omega has a different movement and at date window at 6.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 25, 2016

Thoughts on hands? Even if it had been in storage the trit lume should have aged.

So if you charge this watch with a bright light do the hands glow brightly for more then 30 seconds while the dial does not? If so you have replacement hands on the watch.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 25, 2016

(Incorrectly) Polished case, no?

5. Rich D May 25, 2016

The hands and the dial both glow after being charged.

6. Rich D May 25, 2016

The case is brushed steel with polished edges.

7. Rich D May 25, 2016

I thought that, it's just that it is in what appears to be brand new condition and was sold as having never been worn, having said that, the assistant also thought that it was an auto watch!