Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 Circa 2007 - Serviced and Documented!

1. ffej4 Survey Man Jul 4, 2015

Hi all,

After a lot of consideration, I've decided to sell my Speedy Pro. I love watches and will continue to love them, but I can't help but feel paranoid wearing a watch that's about 30% of my net worth.

Asking price: $2600 via PayPal, $2520 via bank wire

Shipping: free expedited shipping to CONUS

This is a 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional from the year 2007 (according to my serial research).

The watch was serviced a few weeks ago by International Time Co in California. It has a year warranty. I recently picked up the watch from the guy who had last serviced it, but according to the International Time watchmaker, the warranty is transferable.

The watch was lightly refinished during its service, so there are a very minimal number of scratches/dings. I did some light refinishing work myself on the sides of the case and on the bracelet, as the brushed finishes were not really up to par. There are scratches under the lugs from regular strap changes, and there is a very small nick on the 7 o'clock lug.

It has been keeping very consistent time, but it has been slightly slow at around -6 sec/day. I do not doubt this could be very accurate given a good regulation, as discussed on the forums. I did have a watchmaker regulate it for me a few weeks back, and that brought it from a consistent -10 to the current -6/day.

This Speedy has the jumpy chronograph second hand phenomenon - essentially, about every third or fourth time when engaging the chronograph from the start, the second hand will jump forward by about 1/2 second. I've asked around on this quite a bit and have found it to be an issue that is not very important. I have not checked, but I assume the current warranty could cover a repair for this, should the next owner choose to do so. For more information on this, please visit the thread I started a while back on it: https://omegaforums.net/index.php?t...peedmaster-from-a-Paranoid-(New)-Owner.26075/

All serials match (lug, movement, and card). The Omega warranty card is NOT included in this sale.

This bracelet is in very good condition. It fits my 7.25" wrist without a problem (even in the heat). The clasp is currently adjusted to its tighter position, so there is the option to increase the length of the bracelet an additional .25" if need be. I have one additional link, so I am imagining that, with the clasp adjusted fully out, and all links installed, this could fit a 7.5" wrist.

I have recently refinished the brushed areas of the bracelet. There are some small hairlines on both the front and back, but no dents, and nothing else that is very deep or permanent.

The sides have some minor scuffing from the link changing device (not from the pin, but from the device that locks the bracelet in place when changing links.

There is some slack/bend from side to side, but nothing very serious. The bend has been pictured as clearly as I could get it.

A GasGasBones nato strap will be included in the sale.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or make any offers. You may PM me here or email me at [email protected]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Jul 5, 2015
  2. M.D. Jul 4, 2015

3. ffej4 Survey Man Jul 4, 2015

4. KIMBER Jul 4, 2015

You might sell it faster without the bracelet included. Good luck with you sale.

ffej4 likes this.
  5. ffej4 Survey Man Jul 6, 2015

Sold! Thank you Derek!

6. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 6, 2015

Congrats on the sale. I hope your life outside watch collecting is a little less frantic! It was always interesting to hear the next saga in your short ownership of the Speedy. To your credit, you were always pleasant with respect to some of the kidding you took. Have a good one.

ffej4 likes this.