Forums Latest Members
  1. silviogo Sep 15, 2014

I'm approaching to buy my first speedmaster.
    As I understand the traditional speedmaster
    - Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 (HES / Br)
    now is
    - Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005

with an improved fancy box celebrating the 45years of Apollo.
    Anyone have buy it yet..?
    do you think that this will reamain the front line package box instead of the traditional red one?

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 15, 2014

just my thoughts , I think most people thinking about buying a speedy pro will be heading down to their nearest dealer to get the 3570 before they run out .
    who would want to pay an extra 500 bucks for a fancy box and a Velcro strap. I suppose they throw in the loupe so you can see all the imperfections in the dials I keep hearing about on another forum.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2014

I'll take that as a no.

JohnSteed, tpatta and DLT222 like this.
  4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 15, 2014

make it a big no. unfortunately buyers who want a new speedmaster pro won't have much choice once dealers run out of the old 3570 at the old price, unless sales dry up and omega does a U-turn.

5. silviogo Sep 15, 2014

Depend if you love the "casual space history" behind the speedmaster. Personally I've ever consider the red box a little bit anonymous regarding the "moon historic aspect". In my personal opinion this "fresh new look" of the box and presentation could renew the interest on speedy without necessarily make a more expensive "limited edition"

Anyone have buy it yet? Impressions....

6. repoman Sep 15, 2014

I've already spent all my Speedmaster money this year, so I'm not in the market for a new moonwatch that comes with the new fancy box, but, I will say I really dislike the traditional red box. The faux leather wears out much too soon, even when just sitting in the safe year after year, and I like what Omega has done to improve the packaging. The new box is awesome, a huge upgrade, but I don't really expect most first time buyers to see $500+ of value in just the box and straps, so I think Omega may have wedged themselves a bit here. I am considering buying the box and goodies by themselves to go along with my 145.012-67 Speedy, but if I was in the market for a moonwatch right now, I'd buy the 3570.50 from the AD, or I would contact Kringkily and tell him what you are looking for and save some money in the process.

JohnSteed, DanOmega and Shelby like this.
  7. silviogo Sep 16, 2014

Sorry i'm new here what is AD?
    I've see great speedy from Kringkily, the real problem form me living in Italy/europe are the IMPORT & shipping taxes.
    Consider that if I buy a speedy at 2500$, I have to add at least 100$ of shipping + insurance and around 25% of import duties taxes...so it worth only if the seller came in Europe and fed-ex to me inside europe....anyone? :)

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2014

For a fee it can be arranged. I travel back to the UK soon from the USA

9. yande Sep 16, 2014

Speaking of boxes, one has to admit that that "Shiny Red Box' was an incredible technological advancement compared to the old "Dull Red One" that sort of decomposed and then proceed to stain everything it touched, over a short time. Whilst I hope that the "Fancy New Box' continues the advancement, all I can say is that I am happy to own my 3570.50, with its "SRB!" That is, "Shiny Red Box.."

And yes, I do know my boxes in more ways then one.

Mad Dog, STANDY and dennisthemenace like this.
  10. Davidt Sep 18, 2014

Omega wanted to up the price and perceived quality of the watch and this is their way of doing it as they can't really make any more alterations and call it the moon watch. For a casual new purchaser they probably won't realise it could be had for $500 less a few months before and it's simply a way of positioning omega in a slightly higher price bracket.

11. shoota70 Sep 30, 2014

I read on SpeedyWatches that the new Pros have a new screwed bracelet.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2014

They do typically go up every year or two anyway to account for inflation, it just happens this time there's a box and some goodies that come with the price rise.

13. shoota70 Sep 30, 2014

Totally understand Omega bumping the price up, but we are now in 6K+ range.

I always thought that aside from its massive historical significance, perfect cosmetics, great and easily serviced movement - that one of the Speedy Pros best features was it was reasonably priced. At north of 6k it's not really there anymore.

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Looking at how Daytona is already at USD 12K +, some people still see new Speedmaster Pro at 6K as a bargain. I think marketing people at Omega try hard to close that gap. Seeing that 2019 would be 50th anniversary of Moon landing where people will celebrate it in big way, I guess the price increase will be faster not slower for the next 5 year.
    In the past 2 years, second hand moonwatch price in Jakarta rose by almost 50%.

15. YMark Sep 30, 2014

The 3570 is $6k? Where are you shopping?

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Not 3570, the new one with new box and new reference. I suspect it is also the price before discount.

17. shoota70 Oct 1, 2014

Yes

18. s30n9g Oct 2, 2014

[​IMG]
    Got mine.

It's pretty.

Buckeyes#1 likes this.
  19. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

looks cool.... I have one waiting for me in the UK, circa £500 over there Tax inc.

20. silviogo Oct 2, 2014

Wow as I saw your picture, I'm freaking out of it! You bought only the fancy box or the whole package including speedy!?

Can you post more pictures?