Forums Latest Members
  1. IHBrian Nov 22, 2020

For those of you who have looked at my other thread in regards to the Seamaster I also picked this watch up and dropped it off with Tanner as well. I am not quite sure what to do with this one yet as I have never been a LCD guy. I am having Tanner give it a good cleaning and make sure everything is in order. It came with the original bracelet which is nice.
    I have read a few pages in reference to this model and found it all to be really interesting. Does anyone have any additional info on them that I may have missed while cruising the net? Are they wanted models or just kinda cast to the side being a quartz speedmaster? I think it is pretty neat given the history of the model. I am curious if parts can be found if needed down the road or even if Tanner finds something that needs replaced during his cleaning/testing.
    Thanks in advance! lcd speedy.jpg lcd speedy1.jpg lcd speedy2.jpg

Chaz Goldenrod likes this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 22, 2020

Have a look here :

https://www.omegalcdspeedmaster.com

Also here :

https://omegaforums.net/threads/cal...uide-to-the-lcd-speedmaster-variations.62566/

Regarding the value, a lot of those have sold here on forums and at least one is listed for sale now, this will give a good idea.

Omega is still able to service them (they replace the whole movement module) but parts like the bezel are unobtainium. I do not think Omega will supply your watchmaker with parts if he needs anything. They now only service these old quartz watches as return to factory as far as I know.

alam and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. IHBrian Nov 22, 2020

I’ll take a look at the links you provided. Thanks for the info on getting repaired and parts.
    I’m not sure if they would provide them or not to him, he was telling me last night about his parts account with omega he has now. I will soon find out I suppose. Everything worked on the watch and seemed to be in good shape. Needs a really good cleaning though. I’ll find out more when he digs into it, he’s going to start on it after he digs into the soccertimer I also dropped off.
    As for the value, it seems to be all over the place, saw one on eBay full set with an asking price of 11k...
    Anyways, I appreciate the reply! I will keep up on info and report back as I get it from Tanner.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 22, 2020

Correct - Omega doesn't sell the parts - the entire watch must be sent to them for servicing.

tyrantlizardrex and kov like this.
  5. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 22, 2020

A friend of mine is working in that "Quartz & Megaquartz" repair department. That's what he told me - thanks for your confirmation, @Archer :thumbsup:

6. IHBrian Nov 22, 2020

Well I hope that everything is in good working order then after Tanner gets done with it and it doesn’t have to go to Omega so I can pay for the service twice! how long does Omega service usually take? A few months?
    Thanks!

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 22, 2020

Yes, normally, but in a pandemic situation it would be difficult to say if their schedules are at "normal" pace or not.

kov likes this.
  8. IHBrian Nov 22, 2020

@kov, thanks for the links, interesting reads. I hope everything comes out well with service/cleaning!

9. vinylcall Nov 22, 2020

@kov Do you know the approximate costs on having the movement module exchanged by Omega?
    Mine has a few pixels missing on some of the LCD digits and it runs a bit slow (around 15 seconds) My local watchmaker said that it is usually due to the way the quartz was mounted and is quite common after so many years.
    I wasn't aware that Omega still service them and that might be an option then.

10. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 23, 2020

No, I have no idea at all, sorry. You'll have to get a quote from Omega - and for that, you'll certainly have to send your watch to Bienne, first.

vinylcall likes this.
  11. Dash1 Nov 23, 2020

This guy is fantastic at fixing these:
    http://www.digitalwatches.de/

vinylcall likes this.
  12. IHBrian Nov 25, 2020

Well, Tanner fit the bracelet to the watch today and while the bracelet is correct the end links seem not to be. Are the 741 end links correct for the watch? And if so, any leads to finding a pair or at least a suitable replacement?

13. bbozic Nov 25, 2020

The 741 end links are the correct ones for the bracelet, no need to find new ones. I own this LCD reference as well. The link @Dash1 recommended is great, i have used this gentlemans services to fix my modules previously, he is very skilled in repairing them :thumbsup:

Edited Nov 25, 2020
    Dash1 and Zapatta like this.
  14. Dash1 Nov 25, 2020

I Just had this one repaired by him:
    DSCF6474.JPG

vinylcall likes this.
  15. bbozic Nov 25, 2020

And here is my contribution to show how good he is. The first picture shows how the module looked before repair. The module was completely dead due to battery leakage. Ill provide some pictures after repair as well. The circuit looks a little matte as it had to be cleaned from acid remains. Has worked as a charm since two years back. 8C3687DC-5358-432A-A45B-9E19E83BEF8A.jpeg 05C9DB3C-B061-452C-B3B1-A1F664DF5BEC.jpeg E8E46439-4C67-4DA5-80CD-BF19D5774AFE.jpeg

16. IHBrian Nov 25, 2020

I was trying to make sure the 741 links are the correct ones I need to source, I’m waiting for a reply to see what’s on there now but, as I said, they aren’t correct. Here is a photo of what the end links that came on the bracelet look like fitted. 370944C9-8167-48F8-8F0F-13424BF9CCFA.jpeg

17. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 25, 2020

They are correct but they’ve been filed to death :confused:

18. IHBrian Nov 25, 2020

I guess it’s a good thing he’s also a machinist. I’ll see if he can laser weld and build them up and make them look correct.
    Any idea on where I could source some if need be? Thanks

19. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 25, 2020

a bit of eBay and a lot of patience.

Plus a WTB thread here once you’ll have enough posts to write in the appropriate section.

IHBrian likes this.
  20. machamp6650 Apr 13, 2021

@IHBrian, how did you go with those end links? Ever find a new set of 741's? I've been looking for ages but no luck :(