Forums Latest Members
  1. Kobus May 24, 2016

Hi all

I understand that the speedy accuracy spec is up to +11. Mine is +11 from day one and I am "happy" with it.

What I don't understand is that if it is possible to be adjusted, then why do Omega not adjust it before the watch is released from the factory.

Or can it not simply be regulated?

2. Canuck May 24, 2016

How long have you had yours? Was it new, from an AD? Have you ever had any work done on it?

3. Kobus May 24, 2016

New, 6 months from AD. Untouched.

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. May 24, 2016

How often you wind the watch may have a bearing on it's apparent time-keeping performance. If you're currently winding it every other day, for example, and then change your routine to fully winding it every 24 hrs, you'll see an improvement on the +11 sec/day figure (your watch will run a little slower).

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2016

My FOIS has always kept to within a few secs/day. Yours can be regulated better I'm sure.

6. Canuck May 24, 2016

I have found over decades of collecting, that high performance watches that are worn irregularly, may exhibit rate changes when first returned to service. Many of them settle down if worn continually for an extended period. i. e. A month or so. Might be worth a try. However, if you have worn it continually for the six months you've owned it, and that gain in rate has been constant, the AD should adjust it for you.

7. Kobus May 24, 2016

But the question is; they surely check it before it leaves the factory. Then why not adjust it then?

8. Canuck May 24, 2016

The rate can change between the time the watch leaves Omega, and the first time it is put into service, after purchase. The rate can vary after you purchase the watch. Your wearing patterns have a lot to do with rate variations after you buy it. A Seamaster Professional may or may not be your best choice for an Omega, if extreme accuracy is your expectation. Moreover, if you expect absolute accuracy all the time, buy Quartz!

You ask why Omega wouldn't have regulated it at the factory. They would have, but adjusting the regulator on a mechanical watch at the factory doesn't miraculously make it capable of performing without exhibiting mechanical watch timing characteristics!

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 24, 2016

They did and it was likely within their tolerances. The range allowed for average daily rate is between -1 and +11.

10. Kobus May 24, 2016

"Moreover, if you expect absolute accuracy all the time, buy Quartz!"

I said I was happy with it, just curious about the process.

Thanks