Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Pro 3592.50 Serial Number Question

1. definitelydan Feb 10, 2015

Hi guys,

i just purchased a 3592.50 recently and only realised today that the serial numbers on the 7 o clock lug and the serial number on the gilt decorated movement don't match.

Put simply, the serial number on the 7 o clock lug is 7 digits while the serial number on the movement is 8 digits.

the 7 o clock engraving is exactly the same as the movement serial number, sans the first digit, e.g., if the serial number on the movement is 12345678, the lug engraving is 2345678. Should i be concerned?

Thanks in advance.
    Daniel

2. pascs Feb 10, 2015

The serial numbers are 8 digits so I'm guessing that the first digit on the lug is just not visible for some reason, maybe its had some polishing there?

It wouldnt worry me

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 10, 2015

The single digit probably is over the edge or polished. Sometimes the endlink will rub the first one away depending on where the serial is. If all the same no worries

4. definitelydan Feb 10, 2015

that was my initial suspicion, however, i dont think there's anymore 'space' for the first digit to be under the end link or at the edge of the lug, see picture for reference.

image2.JPG

5. yinzerniner Feb 27, 2015

It looks like there's a few options as to why the serial number's cut off. It might've been a factory error in the engraving, but this is highly unlikely. The other is that the case is a replacement, and someone tried to engrave it themselves to match the movement but misjudged the start point and thus screwed it up. Either way, sorry about the discrepancy on a very nice piece.

6. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 3, 2015

What ended up happening Dan? Did you contact Omega?