Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Chronograph used under water??

1. Matthew Jul 8, 2015

I did a stupid thing and was using the Speedmaster Professional's chronograph at the beach and jumped into the ocean while the chronograph was still running. Did I cause water damage or is water damage only caused when using the pushers under water ? The manual states: "Chronograph push-pieces: do not operate chronograph pushers under water in order to prevent water entering the mechanism." Thoughts?

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 8, 2015

Running the chrono wouldn't be an issue, but more importantly, when was it last pressure tested? That's the real issue of concern.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 8, 2015

By using pushers underwater lets the water in. Looks like you need a diver also now :whistling:

4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 8, 2015

I believe the OP indicates he engaged the chrono before he entered the water. His concern was letting the chrono run while in the water, which I don't believe is an issue. My concern would be when it was last pressure tested.

5. alam Jul 9, 2015

Me thinks the manual is written at the seventh-grade reading level. :p

Eric_navi likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2015

Was letting him know how the water gets in for future. You had covered the rest:thumbsup:

AAAKK likes this.
  7. guelerct Jul 9, 2015

For splashing in the coastline I don't see a problem
    For a wall dive in Aruba I would leave it in the safe

tpatta likes this.
  8. Eric_navi Jul 9, 2015

The words "Speedmaster" and "Water" in the same sentence make me dizzy ..... But I think you're OK ! Take it to a watchmaker to make sure

9. Dombo63 Jul 9, 2015

I have also been wondering about this, while still deciding which model to get. I like the look of the Speedmaster Pro but also the convenience of the Seamaster Pro 300 - i.e. never having to take it off when swimming, showering etc.
    Is the Speedy ok for getting wet?

10. blubarb Jul 9, 2015

Would have to agree. Pressure test.