Forums Latest Members
  1. rollefc Jun 12, 2015

Hi all,

I am interested in this 145.012-67 but not really experienced enough to tell if it is legit. Would appreciate all and any help. Presented as from 1967 and comes with extract from Omega archive's. Tried my best through google, looking at pic's of all sorts, but...

Thanx!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 12, 2015

Its got a pile of modern replacement parts, not worth a whole lot anymore

KIMBER and Spacefruit like this.
  3. rollefc Jun 12, 2015

OK, Thanx.
    What parts are you regering too? Hands?

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 12, 2015

Hands look new, the bezel is a service replacement as the dot by the 90 is in the wrong place for a vintage one, should be above the 90. The dial might even be a new one too.

Some straight on pics of the dial might be helpful, but as dsio says, looks like mostly replaced parts. Not bad for daily wear, but not much value as a collector piece.

5. rollefc Jun 12, 2015

Thanx much. What would be a "back off"-price in your opinion?

6. Davidt Jun 12, 2015

Looks like a step dial with T's so might be the original dial that's had the lume scrapped off.

If you want a nice vintage Speedmaster I'd keep looking.

7. emilio Jun 13, 2015

All depends on the price..

repoman likes this.
  8. rollefc Jun 13, 2015

Sure. What would you consider to be a fair price?

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 13, 2015

Www.speedmaster101.com and read it, before looking at the price chart.

While it is possible to place a value on this watch, it is not valued by those who like vintage watches, because it does not look like a vintage. Too many of the cosmetic parts are replaced and show no patina.

Photos often make lume look bright white and dials look hard black if they have been too edited. However in this case I think the hands are new, the dial is scraped of lume and the watch has the look of an over prepared, trade watch.

So you can arrive at a value using the techniques and values in the site above, but the only people who will pay that value will be those who forget to ask the most important question when looking to buy anything of value....

Is it attractive enough to make my heart sing each time I look at it?

If you don't know the answer, then the answer is no it doesn't, and you shouldn't buy it.

It would be hard to sell this watch on this forum.

SpikiSpikester and browncow like this.
  10. rollefc Jun 13, 2015

Thanx for an excellent answer!

11. richardew Jun 13, 2015

I think I would like to see more (better) photos of the watch. It is a tritium dial, not a modern replacement. These photos are to "blue" and may be masking the patina. Looking at the first photo I can see some height to the plots on the 3,4,5 and some others. Here is one of mine with a photo that accentuates the patina and the same photo that hides it. cool light.jpg warm light.jpg

travisrock, Spacefruit and Davidt like this.
  12. mac_omega Jun 13, 2015

Richard is right concerning the dial - I also think that the lume is there (and not scraped off), does not look flat on plots from 3-7 , clearly protruding
    It is also clearly marked with wide spaced "T"s and is stepped, so I think it is not a replacement dial.

I have tried to alter this picture with photoshop but the color of the lume does not change significantly - so it looks like a very fresh Tritium, no patina visible so far.
    And now the important question to ask the potential buyer: is this dial desirable so pale without any patina? I can only say it is not my taste, it does not sing to me. But to each his own...

13. richardew Jun 13, 2015

You can try to alter the photo but the color on the original is washed out and not easily reversed with photoshop. Look at the lack of color in the applied Omega. This color doesn't fade with time. There is barely any color present at all and it has the same color as the applied Omega in my washed out photo.

14. rollefc Jun 13, 2015

I will try and get hold of more pictures and explicitly state that I don not want them passning through any filters, enhanced contrast etc.
    Thanx all for help so far!

15. richardew Jun 13, 2015

I don't think you have anything to worry about with regards to them altering the photos.

16. rollefc Jun 13, 2015

Not afraid that they should manipulate to enhance patina. More that these pictures posted here have had filters/contrast enhancement that have caused colors to "burn out" and look white. That's way I asked for plain pictures with nothing done to them.

17. faid2black Jun 13, 2015

Nothing wrong with their posted photos. They are not processed, just simply overexposed. All you need from them is a properly exposed photo and that will contain enough color to give u/us a better idea of lume color.

richardew likes this.
  18. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 13, 2015

:)

I wish I learned this when I started watch collecting.

I was talking with my wife yesterday telling her about a watch I just sold. She wondered why I would sell a watch. I told her I didn't really love wearing it. She asked why I was so stupid to buy a watch I did not love. Well she did not use the word stupid, but I heard it in her tone :).

Bienne2998, faid2black and oddboy like this.
  19. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 13, 2015

My wife has a tone like that......

20. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 13, 2015

My wife usually says something along the lines of: "oh, another black one with a chrono-thingy.".

x3no likes this.