Forums Latest Members
  1. Gordon Heavyfoot Oct 3, 2016

Hello all. Over the past year I've purchased several vintage Omegas, all after having done extensive research and nail-biting and I'm very happy with them. Hopefully one day my son will derive as much joy from them as I do. Many thanks to OF and its generous members for putting so much good information out there for those willing to look and do a little seeking of their own.
    One watch I don't own yet but greatly admire is the Speedmaster, in all of its iterations. Help me out, if you will, with a little analysis of this watch I stumbled upon on Ebay. To me it looks like an amalgam of a couple different watches, an earlier dial (which one?) and a later case and caseback. The movement is 26mil putting it around, what, 1966ish? There are so many subtleties to look for in these watches that sometimes it seems overwhelming.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322281204056Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Davidt Oct 3, 2016

I can't open the link for some reason. Can you add some pics. Makes the thread useable after the link stops working in the future as well.

mokofoko and Tubber like this.
  3. Gordon Heavyfoot Oct 3, 2016

4. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 3, 2016

No Professional print, close T's.... 105.003 Dial?

Everything else looks beautiful and correct to my untrained eyes for a 145.012. Serial also in the correct range.

But i'm far from beeing an expert. May the pro's chime in.

Also under more close inspection... Was the Dial maybe relumed with old tritium? Application looks quite sloppy, Check 12, 1, 5, 8 and 10 hour markers. :cautious:

Cheers,

Max

5. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 3, 2016

Wrong dial obviously, I've seen it earlier today and passed - mainly because of this wrong dial / optimistic price.

6. Nactex Oct 3, 2016

This watch was listed yesterday, sold, and relisted today. I seem to recall this has been listed previously, about 6 months ago +/-.

7. Davidt Oct 3, 2016

Interesting. Dial is obviously wrong so it limits its potential as a standalone watch.

There is a lot of value in the parts though.

It makes slightly more sense for someone who has a correct dial, to swap the dial out and sell that to someone who needs one for an Ed White.

gemini4 and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  8. Buck2466 Oct 3, 2016

Looks like the hands don't reset properly. Chrono creep?

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 3, 2016

I've got a nice Pro dial if someone wants to buy this watch and trade (+$) ;)

definitely interesting. I'd love to know how it came by a pre-pro dial though.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.