Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster non-pro step dial, AML and short indexes

1. Amaza Sep 11, 2017

Earlier today I was having a look at this on the Bay http://www.ebay.de/itm/122699657169Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. I saw a few variation of service dials as well as redone dials but I still cannot sort this out: applied logo, step dial, no t marks, weird omega serif, modern speedmaster writing, and short indexes. It If it wasn't for the "omega" would seem original although relumed. It must be fake but still the quality seems higher than usual. What do you think?

2. robocaspar Sep 11, 2017

What about it?

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 11, 2017

tempebay.JPG

That combination normally leads to Service dial, but the OMEGA heavy serifs logo is interesting and odd...

The modern Speedmaster font pretty much assures its moderm which leads me to believe the lack of T's is due to luminova. Its clearly marked singer on the back.

Not all service dials have been described... but I am going to go thats its a service dial from around 1999, naybe one of the first luminova service dials?

4. Amaza Sep 12, 2017

Yes it would seem a modern service dial. However it has what looks like a proper step. I thought step dial were limited to the 60s. This makes me think it may have been redone. But still the centering looks perfect...[​IMG]

5. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 12, 2017

I saw this one too, imho a redial, on the back of the dial it's heavily polished and there appears to be pitting in the base metal

Can't explain why someone would go to such lengths to only do the fonts wrong but there is my two pence

Clear overspray on the edge, is say acid dipped and then reprinted

Amaza likes this.