Speedmaster Newbie Seeking Input on Pre-Owned

Hello, I just joined to forum to gain further education on purchasing a pre-owned Omega Speedmaster Pro for my husband. I'm hoping one of you might be willing to weigh in with your thoughts on a watch I'm considering. The model # is 311.30.42.30.01.006, private seller who has many positive reviews on Reddit, and Instagram. It's a 2018, sapphire, no box, or service record, but has card. Amplitude for manual wind shows 317 on a time grapher. I would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance for reading my post and commenting.

Like 1
As a relatively new watch it probably has not had any service work done and might go a few more years without one. Condition is fine, can't see any evidence of polishing but it's worth asking about. There are some links missing from the bracelet so if the plan is to use that bracelet be aware of that. It really comes down to price.

Thank you very much for responding:) This helps me with what questions to ask. Seller is asking four.

Hello, I just joined to forum to gain further education on purchasing a pre-owned Omega Speedmaster Pro for my husband. I'm hoping one of you might be willing to weigh in with your thoughts on a watch I'm considering. The model # is 311.30.42.30.01.006, private seller who has many positive reviews on Reddit, and Instagram. It's a 2018, sapphire, no box, or service record, but has card. Amplitude for manual wind shows 317 on a time grapher. I would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance for reading my post and commenting.
I appreciate the info! I'm going to reach out to see if still available.
Okay, your recommendation does have some great stock. Would you, or anyone else mind giving your thoughts on the following: New 2023, 3861, Hesalite, $5650. Also has old model bracelet available.

Okay, your recommendation does have some great stock. Would you, or anyone else mind giving your thoughts on the following: New 2023, 3861, Hesalite, $5650. Also has old model bracelet available.
MSRP on that watch is $7,000 so that price is 20% discount, that's good for a brand new, stickered Speedmaster with full five year warranty. I assume you are looking at @mdgrwl for the purchase? If so, buy in confidence, rock solid with no games, you will get exactly what is described. If choosing between the older 1861 and newer 3861 go for the newer one if at all possible. Just a nicer rendition of the Speedmaster, more accurate movement, and much nicer bracelet. Hubby would be thrilled.

Like 4
MSRP on that watch is $7,000 so that price is 20% discount, that's good for a brand new, stickered Speedmaster with full five year warranty. I assume you are looking at @mdgrwl for the purchase? If so, buy in confidence, rock solid with no games, you will get exactly what is described. If choosing between the older 1861 and newer 3861 go for the newer one if at all possible. Just a nicer rendition of the Speedmaster, more accurate movement, and much nicer bracelet.
Yes, that is the seller:) Thoughts on the Hesalite v Sapphire? Sapphire is $5950. If you could choose one Omega, would this be your recommendation? The watch has to be the "Everything" watch, as he won't be getting another.

Yes, that is the seller:) Thoughts on the Hesalite v Sapphire? Sapphire is $5950. If you could choose one Omega, would this be your recommendation? The watch has to be the "Everything" watch, as he won't be getting another.

That really depends on your husbands preferences. The hesalite with solid case back is the “classic” version, whereas the sapphire is more “modern”. The hesalite will scratch more easily, but can be buffed out. Hesalite version is all brushed with a printed Omega symbol on the dial. So more subtle. The sapphire version has more polished pieces in the bracelet and the raised (polished) Omega symbol. Plus, you can see the movement.

Personally, for only $300 more, I’d get the sapphire version. But I’m sure your hubby would love either.

The sapphire one is a pre-owned 2021 watch in excellent condition, but at a pretty good price. I own the hesalite 3861 model because it has the original style hesalite crystal and solid back, it's the classic rendition of the moonwatch. The pre-owned one has the sapphire crystal and clear back to view the movement, these features were never important to me, but some like them. It's just personal preference. For me I'd take the brand new hesalite model, it's the classic, but you can't go wrong with either. One other advantage with the new one is it has the upgraded clasp that gives you some adjustability for a better fit, the pre-owned model would have the older clasp. I never have an issue with the original clasp, but some like the newer one which has a bit of adjustment built in.
Edited:

I actually got a Speedmaster from my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. At the time the 1861 was the latest and greatest and I went with the hesalite. I bought from another trusted seller here and everything was great. I agree, the 3861 is nicer and would go with that over the 1861. With a new watch you don't have to worry about condition or it needing a service - and if you buy one with cards you get 5 years from whenever they were stamped so added comfort if something does go wrong with the watch.

It's a matter or personal opinion, but like Evitzee - the clear caseback did not appeal to me and I wanted the hesalite.
One mans vote, but I vote for 3861 hesalite.

Good luck to you @Poppet and I doubt he will be disappointed no matter what you choose. The forum is a great place for questions. I was overwhelmed when I started my search and were it not for Omega Forums, I probably would never had taken the plunge. I lurked for almost a year and got educated and confident in my choice and in the end everything worked out.

Like 1
I actually got a Speedmaster from my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. At the time the 1861 was the latest and greatest and I went with the hesalite. I bought from another trusted seller here and everything was great. I agree, the 3861 is nicer and would go with that over the 1861. With a new watch you don't have to worry about condition or it needing a service - and if you buy one with cards you get 5 years from whenever they were stamped so added comfort if something does go wrong with the watch.

It's a matter or personal opinion, but like Evitzee - the clear caseback did not appeal to me and I wanted the hesalite.
One mans vote, but I vote for 3861 hesalite.

Good luck to you @Poppet and I doubt he will be disappointed no matter what you choose. The forum is a great place for questions. I was overwhelmed when I started my search and were it not for Omega Forums, I probably would never had taken the plunge. I lurked for almost a year and got educated and confident in my choice and in the end everything worked out.
A huge thank you to those who have taken the time to respond to my questions. I am sincerely grateful as this is a big purchase, and not a typical Xmas gift. Everyone on this forum is so knowledgeable and I'm very appreciative. Thank you again for paying it forward with your input and knowledge:)

Like 1