Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Moonwatch Moonphase with Aventurine dial

1. Gckeros Oct 15, 2018

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a Speedmaster Automatic that was given to me as a gift 26 years ago and now I am helping my wife purchase one as a fiftieth birthday present for myself. I am very interested in the Moonwatch moon phase with the aventurine dial. What thoughts do any of you have of this watch and does anyone here have one that can espouse on it. Thanks for your help.

2. prontoprint Oct 27, 2018

Hi there, I have the aventurine dial and it is an amazing watch to look at . Quite big and one downside is you need to keep movement running to maintain calendar, so needs manually wound every 2nd day.
    I think it is a special watch that you don't see a lot of people wearing and is also lovely just to look at. Aventurine.jpg

ras47 and Paedipod like this.
  3. bama2141 Oct 27, 2018

It"s a beautiful watch and most photos I've seen don't do it justice. In person, in the right light, it is simply stunning. Good luck with your hunt!

4. drhex Oct 27, 2018

I have one (the original, not the blue) and it is a fantastic watch. The dial varies from grey in direct sunlight to a deep blue to massive sparkle in point lights. If you don't like sparkling it isn't for you, but I love it.