Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Moonwatch Leather Strap Question

1. leo22 Sep 28, 2019

Another leather strap question.

Does the Omega OEM strap that comes with 311.33.42.30.01.001 a real genuine alligator or just alligator grain/embossed? I believe it's 20>16mm. My boutique says it's $360 but I forgot to ask if it's just regular leather with alligator grain. If that is the case, why it is that expensive if it is not made from alligator leather?

If I buy that strap, can I use a 3rd party deployment clasp as long as it's 16mm? Or does the OEM deployment clasp only fits with the OEM strap?

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 28, 2019

You can use aftermarket clasps and straps if you want

It’s expensive because it’s Omega same as the watch ;)

3. Burrogs Sep 28, 2019

It’s genuine alligator with leather lining underneath

4. leo22 Sep 28, 2019

Ah okay thanks, price makes sense then.

For my second question, if I buy that OEM strap, can I use an aftermarket deployment clasp as long as it's 16mm? or does that strap require a special one and only OEM deployment clasp fits?

5. Lurk41 Sep 28, 2019

Omega deployant straps are nearly 50/50 in length so you'll also need an OEM clasp or find and aftermarket one made for Omega. Sadly, a regular aftermarket clasp won't fit correctly...

Maybe you could ask Omega for the buckle strap, then use it with a regular aftermarket deployant (never tried it but I think it will work)

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 28, 2019

As long as it’s an Omega style deployant clasp your ok. It’s not the most common style though.