Forums Latest Members
  1. kronophile Sep 9, 2015

What is the current valuation of the Speedmaster Moonphase ST 345.0809?

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 9, 2015

Really?

3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 10, 2015

Condition?
    Box and papers?
    Service history?
    Pics?
    Help us out here.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 10, 2015

If anyone is new, then I will always welcome them, and while there is no such thing as a stupid question, there are lazy ones, and those that could, given the bilious and grumpy old men around here, cause them to react with irritation. (I have heard of a woman round here, but she was promoting a business and while charming and made a good effort, simply didn't have the staying power of the obsessives round here).

Asking a vague, open ended, non specific question is fine, IF YOU POST A PHOTO. In fact posting a photo will pretty much get you forgiven for any question.

The OP question I solved within 2 minutes with Google. It did not need a question here.

What would be interesting, is a post saying: thinking of buying this, here is the photo.
    OR
    My "friend" is thinking of selling this, here is the photo, what do you think?

See the common thread here?

PHOTOS

Asking open ended questions that can be solved with google in 2 minutes would be forgiven, IF YOU POST A PHOTO.

Thought, since I had 5 minutes, I would explain why this thread has almost no replies or interest.

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Sep 10, 2015

Even more unforgivable is that the OP "stole" my avatar. :(

BatDad, Bienne2998 and oddboy like this.
  6. kronophile Dec 17, 2015

My original post may have been vague but I do not feel Space Fruit's response was warranted.

The accusation by gemini4 is ludicrous. He does not own the rights to that image & I was unaware of the fact that he or anybody else on this forum had used it as an avatar. Not much of a condusive environment here.

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 17, 2015

Kronophile, we joke around here quite a bit. More importantly, after your 3 month hiatus, your original question is now answered. A 345.0809 sold at the Christie's auction 2 days ago for $8,000 plus commission.

8. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 17, 2015

Of course this was a very nice example and this auction had worldwide interest.