Forums Latest Members
  1. Tonyash Aug 16, 2018

"Congratulations sir, it is a Telestop". Finally received my extract back from Omega and it is the real deal.
    Plan to get this baby back to original if I can. Not sure how practical it will be to wear but to be honest I often find the restoration/rebuild journey the most interesting part of a project.
    Anybody got a spare tritium handset perchance?.
    Thanks to all for the advice so far.
    Cheers,
    Tony
    photo.jpg

Dash1 and Schoffenhausen like this.
  2. Fatcat Aug 16, 2018

Looks,like all the telestop where sent to Spain :))))

3. Schoffenhausen Aug 16, 2018

Congrats! I'm kind in the same situation as you. I will ask for the extract, since the case of my Mark II is exactly like yours. Let's wait and see.

4. Schoffenhausen Aug 16, 2018

Maybe they were made for all the skiers in Sierra Nevada

5. Tonyash Aug 16, 2018

Good luck with your extract. I have started a thread to see how many of these are around. Love the story, the oddity, the supposed rarity and the fact that no one, even the manufacturer, seems absolutely certain on their original purpose.
    Go Telestoppers!.

lexieb007, Dash1 and Schoffenhausen like this.
  6. Schoffenhausen Sep 29, 2018

Hi to all,

Just received my extract from Omega (as said in the other thread) and it seems that the Iberian Peninsula had a special taste for Telestop :)
    Another curiosity is the type of strap that was shipped with my watch: a Corfam!

20180929_102800.jpg

Dash1 likes this.
  7. Gulosten Feb 10, 2022

After some research I found a photo from 1979 where it looks like a pilot from Frecce Tricolori is wearing the Speedmaster Mark II Telestop

[​IMG]