Forums Latest Members
  1. Kippers Mar 19, 2017

Hi, this is my first post and although new to this forum, i've been collecting watches for years.
    I have a moonwatch in my collection and after selling my PO, i have an itch for a second Omega.
    The Speedmaster mk ii (modern reissue) has always caught my eye and in the racing dial colours.

What i would like to know is anything and everything about this watch. I don't see this out in public, rarely in forums including this one so wondering if there is any love out there for this particular model?
    Please let me know what you think of the calibre 3330, the overall style and whether the remake is a good watch to buy, please post pics if you have this watch also.

Many thanks.

2. semdot14 Mar 19, 2017

I had the watch for a little while. It was really heavy and stood tall off the wrist. I have a 6.5" wrist and the watch swallowed it whole. I love the look and function but it is just too big and heavy. As far as the movement goes, I liked it a lot but I find the 9300 much more appealing even though it too is massive.

3. alohatime Mar 19, 2017

I agree I really like the MK ii but I also have a 6.5" small asian wrist and it fits big. Here's some pictures from when I tried them on last month at the OB. If you like the racing dial, definitely see it in person, the grey of the dial looks so different versus pictures on Omega website. Would recommend that you try it on before purchasing.

IMG_20170303_205939.jpg IMG_20170303_205946.jpg IMG_20170303_210110.jpg
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 19, 2017

It's not unloved... just overshadowed by the Pro. Great watch, if you like it on your wrist then go for it!

Good movement no nasty quirks to it. COSC which is nice.

5. Rumar89 Mar 19, 2017

That side photo makes it look massive. How tall?

6. semdot14 Mar 19, 2017

15mm but the case design doesn't allow for it to smoothly hug the wrist or look smaller. The speedy coaxial is 16mm but because of all the steps on the case and the curved lugs it looks smaller than the mark ii

7. Rumar89 Mar 19, 2017

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. Love the look of the mark 2's but favor much smaller wearing watches usually.

8. Kippers Mar 20, 2017

Thanks for the responses all. I like the watch and i too have small wrists at 6.76 inch but they are flat so can get away with it. The PO i had was the large size and just about got away with it. I did try on the watch and thought it ok even at the height it is. It seems to me like it's a bit of a marmite watch, people either love it or they don't and yes, the grey is different in stores when looking at it opposed to the marketing images, not as dark.
    I will say though the bracelet is superb and does help it conform to my wrist well.

9. Kippers Mar 20, 2017

Anyone more pics on 6.5 inch wrists?