Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 11, 2015

I'm sure my answer is here somewhere in pieces? But I searched (even used the internets!) and could find only one tidbit.
    Speedmaster101 covers changes to 1978, when Omega stopped stamping the date in the case back. What significant changes occurred after that?
    Some points-in-time that interest me are:
    When did the reference change from 145.022? When did the 861 become the 1861? When did serial numbers start showing on the 7-o'clock lug? When did the serial number change to 77,xxx,xxx? When did the movement finishes change from the copper color?
    Anything else "significant" occur that I didn't ask about?
    Thanks in advance!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 11, 2015

Good questions! I'd hazard a guess that AJJT and Moonwatch Only would have some good info on these topics. My AJJT is packed away (moving) and MO is in transit, so I can't help... but I will follow along and see what answers surface.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 11, 2015

Apparently I cannot wait for mine! (Should be here 2/15).
    I'm looking for a niche or focus that may be less financially stressful than collecting earlier examples. I was thinking either the cutoff for the reference 145.022, or the cutoff for cal. 861...
    These may represent an up-and-coming focus for collectors, though not to the degree the straight text/transitional examples are.
    Can you see the ad? "Pre-rhodium plated 1861!" or something ridiculous...who knows? ;)

oddboy likes this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 11, 2015

Could happen, if you can stand the 50 odd year wait.. ;)

Time Exposure likes this.
  5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 11, 2015

Moonwatch Only is the place for all these questions and more. Although I have tried to find when the movement serial number began appearing on the lug , that question,even with Moonwatch Only's help, is still unanswered.