Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Master Chronometer in 41mm case?

1. watchos Oct 21, 2017

From what I’ve read in the forum and other sources, Omega wants to move all of its watches o Master Chronometer. The release of the years racing models look great. I wonder why they decide to go with a 44 mm case instead of the 41 from the Professional model?

Should we expect a Master Chronometer Speedmaster Racing in a smaller case size any time soon? Or a Professional inspired model?

I really like the idea behind the Master Chronometer but would love it in a Speedmaster in 41 mm. 44 seems to big for my wrist.

Thanks in advance.

2. Riviera Paradise Oct 25, 2017

Omega have stated in the past that they will indeed move all their mechanical watches to Master Chronometer spec, excluding the Speedy Pro/FOIS line which uses the historically relevant 1861 manual wind movement. Sorry, as much as I would like to see a reduction in case size, I don't see Omega downsizing the case on the new MC Speedy Racing anytime soon or on any other of the modern Speedy watches with 9300/9900 movements. I think just about everyone on the OF would applaud such a move, but it does not look like Omega wants to make that move. In the current watch climate recovery period, I think Omega is trying to make as much profit as possible from their existing innovations and movements.

Foo2rama likes this.