Forums Latest Members
  1. dreja Jul 6, 2018

Hello all,

I present you my recent acquisition: a Speedmaster Mark IV :)
    dial_1.jpg
    dial_2.jpg
    Calibre.jpg
    Case_1.jpg
    case_2.jpg
    caseback.jpg
    clasp.jpg

As you can see the watch has some character (scratches), but to me nothing serious.

My findings about the watch, please comment and correct me if I'm wrong:

The case and caseback seem to be unpolished.
    The dial is original and the tritium triangle on 24 hour disc is still present.
    The tritium on the hands is less faded than on the dial, but they still seem original (not replaced) to me.

Both the caseback seal (o-ring) and the o-ring between the inner and outer case are worn out. Where could I buy them?

Thanks
    Andrej

Etp095 likes this.
  2. bama2141 Jul 6, 2018

Nice watch! Any watchmaker should be able to install the caseback gasket. I’ve actually never heard of the gasket between the inner and outer case failing. Have you removed the inner case?

3. dreja Jul 6, 2018

Thanks.
    The inner case pops out without problems. You just need to press from the face side.
    I intend to change the gaskets by myself that's why I would like to know, where to find suitable gaskets (o-rings). Or at least if someone knows the exact diameter...
    Otherwise I will order a standard gasket set end try to find a correct one.

IMG_20180706_193022[1].jpg

Etp095, bama2141 and Lonestar like this.
  4. timestamp Sep 26, 2018

Case looks good, but to tell if the case is really unpolished, you need a photo showing the top and bottom lugs head on. The one perspective that is missing from more or less every sales post of a Mark series model :whistling:

bama2141 likes this.