Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Mark II serial number

1. BarretHC1 Jul 30, 2019

Hey guys, quick question... I have an Omega Speedy MK II up on eBay, and people are asking me what the serial number is. Where exactly can I find that? I would have to unscrew the case back and find it on the movement I believe right? Is there one on the case as well? Ive never unscrewed the case-back but are there any precautions for when I do? I believe because it's so cheap that people may think its a counterfeit... Is the S# able to prove authenticity? Thanks in advance!

2. Evitzee Jul 30, 2019

Shows its age, not its authenticity. It's not on the case, you'll have to open it up. Unless you know what you are doing don't try this yourself.

BarretHC1 likes this.
  3. BarretHC1 Jul 30, 2019

Ok, thank you so much!!! I had read on another thread that it was on the movement, but I just wanted to verify that they were all like that. I know it's authentic, but figured thats why potential buyers wanted to know. I understand that it is for age now. I'll just estimate. I am not going to open it up then. I will adjust the wording as to show I have not opened and will not open. Very helpful info!

4. Wryfox Jul 31, 2019

Dude, you are NOT going to sell a vintage speedy unless you show pics of the movement, period.

ESPECIALLY if you say you won't remove caseback. It just screams fraud.

It is NOT hard to remove caseback, if you have the right tool.

BarretHC1 likes this.
  5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 31, 2019

If you feel all is correct, then it is to your advantage to have a pic of movement.

Foo2rama and BarretHC1 like this.
  6. BarretHC1 Jul 31, 2019

Ok. I know it's all correct, had the chronograph second hand replaced at an Omega watchmaker, and he said it was. However, with 2 votes to take a pic of the movement I will just buy the tool and tack it onto the sales price and ship the tool with the watch. Thats probably the best thing to do. Especially if it's not a hard thing to do. In regards to it screaming fraud, I offer return so I don't think anyone would think that, but who knows. Thanks again guys!

7. BarretHC1 Aug 1, 2019

Hey guys, bought the tool. It came in. Serial number is 30 mil. What year would that be? I feel like I should raise the price now lol I also took pics for the site obis. Thanks!!!

8. Wryfox Aug 1, 2019

I have a 30,997,xxx MKII. Nov 1970.

BarretHC1 likes this.
  9. BarretHC1 Aug 1, 2019

ok perfect mine is a 309 as well!

10. xeasygoingx Aug 19, 2019

There are a lot of tables in the net regarding serial numbers and manufacturing periods … but it is often mentioned that there could be some variation included. So if you want to be sure with the production date the best is to order some Omega Extract of the Archives (online). That will also add value to the sale ;).