Forums Latest Members
  1. alexantonio27 Jun 3, 2017

Hello OMF,
    i am looking a speedmaster mark ii in local store,it was replace otro crystal and some problem in movement,
    I need OMF friend some suggest!!
    Thanks

P_20170307_132259.jpg P_20170307_131722.jpg
  2. chipsotoole Jun 3, 2017

There are others far more qualified than me. But as a newbie I'd say the bracelet looks good although I haven't seen the clasp., The case has been really badly over polished to the extent the overall lines aren't quite right. The crystal might have been replaced but the inbuilt tachy ring is nowhere to be seen..how they did that is a mystery!!! The pictures aren't great but I'd say the racing dial seems ok, although the colours seem a bit washed out..might be the photo. I can't quite make out the serial number, but it should fall in the 28-32 millions mark....and it looks like it starts with a 1!! not possible.
    I can't tell you much about the pushers and crown, but again something is going ding ding (alarm bells).
    If it is cheap...and I mean cheap.. no more than around 1000 dollars here AND you want to do it up either as: a "beater" (just a revision 300USD ) or b) the" full bhoona " with a 600 dollars refit and refinish you MIGHT get a halfway tasty watch. Of course racing dials are a little more desirable, but really in this state you've got to be looking at the add on expenses.IF you do it up, and you want to sell, you might make a profit.
    Like I said, there are likely many others with more knowledge going to weigh in here...listen to them!
    Best of luck with it.

3. fzhu052 Jun 3, 2017

It is a racing dial. Case is too polished and lost shape. Missing bezel and glass. Hands are wrong. Should be all red for chrono hands and Minute/Hour should be black/white. Google for picture to see what it should look like Serial number (323x) seems correct. All the fixes are easy but you are looking at $700+ including a service.

chipsotoole likes this.
  4. Zack Jun 3, 2017

Like chips said, walk away unless really cheap

5. alexantonio27 Jun 3, 2017

thanks a lot OMF friend!
    i will put picture pushers and crown later.

6. bnabod Jun 3, 2017

It certainly has seen better days. Something like this I would give 700 bucks for it GRAND Max

7. fzhu052 Jun 3, 2017

I think $1k-$1.2k is reasonable. The bracelet is at least $300.

8. Wryfox Jun 3, 2017

If your saying it has a problem in the movement, then that combined with overall poor condition... you've essentially got a parts watch. Should be priced accordingly . $600-700, plus alot more work and $, and it still may not look right. Band looks pretty rough too(and damaged), so not much value there either. Honestly I think it's not worth your time unless their giving it away .

bnabod likes this.
  9. alexantonio27 Jun 4, 2017

My watchmaker just look it,and told me lost a part(red),the pusher not work(can't stop).
    Is it a big problem?easy find this part and fix?
    thanks

P_20170307_131722_1_1.jpg
  10. Jkuback Jun 4, 2017

I would walk away...

This is an example for a Mark II Racing Dial, NOT in perfect condition IMG_20170604_082449.jpg

11. ConElPueblo Jun 4, 2017

A reasonably common, vintage Omega with movement issues, wrong hands and overpolished case?

Why do you even consider buying it? Is it VERY cheap?

Jkuback and chipsotoole like this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 5, 2017

Being a good deal or not aside...to answer this question:

Maybe - the stem bolt for hammer is missing, and possibly broken. The part is cheap - $7. Finding both halves of the part may require disassembling the entire movement, so not necessarily "easy" or "cheap" but I suspect it needs a service anyway. BTW if your watchmaker doesn't already know all this, I suggest you find another watchmaker to work on this one.

Cheers, Al

chipsotoole likes this.
  13. chipsotoole Jun 5, 2017

Can you please tell us what the current price is? Perhaps you can print these comments out and use them to negotiate a better deal!!! BTW I'm revising my original "not more than 1000 USD"....to 700...even then its debatable about how much of a deal this is..That over polished case is a no-no for me..

14. alexantonio27 Jun 5, 2017

i bougt this mark ii under 500 yesterday!!
    I like to repair it,but there is no good watchmaker where i live(i'm centro america)
    Any good watchmaker o repair center recommended,and i can send by mail?
    How much it costs?
    Thanks friends

Jkuback likes this.
  15. Zack Jun 5, 2017

Might turn out to be a fair deal! Good luck and show the result later!

16. chipsotoole Jun 5, 2017

Under 500..superb!! OK now be prepared to spend 700ish more and send it to STS in the UK. They'll do a brilliant job inside and out. Then you'll have a really nice watch !! congrats on the deal I think you're on to a winner!!!

17. fzhu052 Jun 7, 2017

Great deal! Congrats.