Forums Latest Members
  1. Edwinowl May 1, 2017

so I acquired a mark 2 speedy early 70s, it has a seamaster back however.
    I decided to look for a speedmaster caseback,as it should be, but came across a guy selling on the bay in Australia who threw some authenticity to my caseback albeit a replacement but that it could be legit or that they made 2 one as seamaster for the Mark 2??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=142347208923&globalID=EBAY-GBPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Here's my speedy, it's had work and polished but I love it.
    Also anyone know much about the bracelet, I like it and would like extra links as its too small for me and I think this is one of the watches that has to be on bracelet. Just my opinion.

Markings on bracelet are 1163/172 and the number 32

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. DonovanMartin May 1, 2017

Nice watch. I have one myself and will be sending it for service soon. There are a couple of original case backs on ebay, or were last week. One has a few scratches but would be original. There is also a listing for one with the correct case markings but a newer logo on the outside. My guess is that it is a service replacement. The original backs wear smooth fairly easily.
    Do you know the serial number of your watch? It is on the movement only. The bracelet could be one of two models. Early Mark II's had Bracelets 1159 while later years had 1162 I believe.

3. Edwinowl May 1, 2017

Thanks for the reply bro, yeah bracelet is 1162.
    Is it a case of digging around for links ?
    I'll post serial no later when I get the back off.

4. Edwinowl May 2, 2017

5. TNTwatch May 2, 2017

Your question wasn't clear, but sometimes the Seamaster was legitimately engraved on the back of the Speedmaster Mk2. But for your watch, it still depends what it says on the inside of the case back. Do you have a picture of the inside?