Forums Latest Members
  1. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 6, 2013

Hi guys, I have finally managed to snag a vintage Speedmaster that won't take too much work to bring it up to shape and I need some advice from the Speedmaster Guru's here.

This is going to sound DUMB but, can anyone tell me what the lug distance (Band/Strap width) for a 145.022-69ST is please? I have just spent half an hour searching and have come up blank :rolleyes:

Omega bracelets for these are way too small for my wrists so I intend to get a couple of nice XL leather straps. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to look for quality vintage style leather straps for one of these? I have seen some killer combo's among the members here so it would be great to see pics of your Speedmasters on leather.

Thank you

CS

MakeItFunky likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 6, 2013

20-mm

This is an Omega double ridge shark with fitted ends.

IMG_3850.JPG

3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 6, 2013

That looks great, especially the curved ends. I was worried that they used 19mm! Do they come in XL lengths? What is the lug to lug on these cases so I can do some calculations?

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 6, 2013

This one is about ten years old and I'm not sure if they are still available.

The measurement from spring bar to spring bar is 44-mm.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 7, 2013

I have mine on a hirsch Medici on brown.
    Don't have any pics ATM (limited connectivity in Cambodia) but just do a search either here or google images and you will find heaps. I love it.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 7, 2013

7. NT931 Aug 7, 2013

Here are some threads about Speedy straps from WUS and TZ - I'm sure you'll find inspiration there! There's a range of new and vintage look straps to look at.

If you're looking for XL straps, your choice will of course be somewhat more limited though (I have the reverse problem - I have to find XS straps).

Failing which, there's always custom-made straps, though the cost is higher naturally. Hope this helps.

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 7, 2013

Thanks very much for the suggestions gents, They are very helpful indeed. I'm liking the leather Nato suggestion and will have a scout around over the next few days and see what I can find. The watch will take a week to get here and then it's going straight to my watch guy for a full service so I have about 3 weeks to sort things out so I can wear it.

It is a real PITA when your wrist size falls outside what is the accepted norm.The Panatime Tobacco straps would look great on a Speedmaster but they just don't make them long enough for me :mad: I have had several custom straps made by Joe at SNPR Straps but nothing in 20mm http://snprstrap.com/ His work is really good but is so popular now that he has a 4mth waiting list.

9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 7, 2013

NATO straps are long enough for you. and many strap makers will have extra long NATO`s as well. kind regards. achim

10. Hijak Aug 7, 2013

Also looking for a strap for my latest aquisition and would like some input, where do you all source your straps?

11. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 8, 2013

You could look at www.gasgasbones.com for leather NATOs made to order in your size, although the site seems to have changed around recently and the tan NATO straps have disappeared. If you email Carl directly he may have more options than are shown. Lead time is around 4 weeks atm - in my experience.

12. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 8, 2013

For me it depends on the watch as to where I buy my straps. For nylon Nato and Zulu, the best deal I have found anywhere is Cheapest Nato Straps in Europe somewhere. Their stuff is very good quality for your standard Nato's

Gasgasbones above are good for custom canvas and leather Natos and after looking at the link that Achim posted those are really nice.

For your daily wearers I use These guys in Germany. They have a good range of styles and sizes and the prices and shipping are very good.

But for a more expensive vintage like a Speedmaster I'm happy to pay more and get really good quality which is why I started this thread. I'd normally go to SNPR and have him make some but the wait is a little long right now so I'm hoping someone here will let us in on their secret suppliers :D

13. Hijak Aug 8, 2013

Thanks all for the responses...now I have some searching to do:thumbsup:

14. NT931 Aug 8, 2013

I'd agree - their shipping prices are pretty reasonable, and they have an excellent range, including XS / XL straps and open-ended straps. I've bought from them twice. Their photos aren't all that hot though, so sometimes you'd have to look at the manufacturer's website to get a better idea of colour and the grain.

15. alam Aug 8, 2013

I enjoy this combination so much that Im considering buying another of the same strap as backup for when this one fails or deteriorates. The deployant clasp is very comfortable and IMO gives a better looking, sportier feeling to the Speedy. Both the strap and the buckle are Omega OEM items.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    cicindela and Schlotkins like this.