Forums Latest Members
  1. N1CK Feb 11, 2018

Hi folks,

Was wondering what the service costs are like for a Speedmaster LE? Obviously the movement is the same, but the LEs all have dials, handsets, case finishes, crowns, etc, that are often unique to that version. What happens if any of these become in need of servicing, is it impossible, or does it become very expensive?

For example say you seriously knocked the dial of your Snoopy, smashed the hessalite and damaged the dial and hands - would it be possible to get a replacement dial, and what would it likely cost?

Cheers muchly!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 11, 2018

I believe the dials are available only as swapped items. IE you cannot get one of the dials unless you send in the original. The only model with a unique case brushing is the ST. Not really a price difference.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 11, 2018

I understand that Omega keeps spares to LE watches. Some may cost more. If I'm recalling correctly, the meteorite dial costs about $6k, but that's a bit of an anomaly. Others like the gem4 are pretty common.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 11, 2018

Good point older LE’s have dials available on the open market. Omega seems to have stopped this with newer policies though. The Meteroite is a glaring anomaly lol.

oddboy likes this.
  5. sgrossma Feb 11, 2018

Recently had a Gemini serviced. Omega has a requirement of swapping hands. They have all of the other parts as needed. Cost for servicing a LE chronograph is the same as a regular version, around $800usd