Forums Latest Members
  1. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 25, 2017

Hey guys

I am in need of a little guidance.

A couple of weeks ago the reset pusher on my 145.022 Speedy fell off, so I had it fixed and the watchmaker also made a general service. Just got the watch back yesterday. The first time I started the chronograph the chrono-seconds hand stopped after three seconds but started again when I shock the watch gently.

Then I tried again and it was all good. After a couple of test runs it stopped again, this time after 40 seconds, but again started by it self, when the watch was moved. Now I have worn the watch during the day and engaged the chronograph from time to time but it has worked perfectly since the two incidents.

Sooooo... is it possible that something had to "settle" in the movement, e.g., oil (this sound extremely silly when writing it) or perhaps a speck of dust that is not somewhere else in the movement. I will of course take it to the watchmaker again, but would just like to know, what you think, since it works fine now. I searched for previous threads about this but couldn't find one with this exact issue.

Thanks for any advice :)

2. WhatYourWatchSay Aug 25, 2017

Not an Omega but with an IWC Flieger chrono 3706 the center chrono second hand was doing the same thing as your Speedmaster. I took it to my usual watchmaker who saw the hand was loose on the gear pinion pivot. He removed it tightened the hand post and replaced it and it worked fine.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  3. abrod520 Aug 25, 2017

I've had similar experiences with chronographs, so I'm interested to know if it's a sign of shoddy service or a "settling" of serviced parts as well.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 26, 2017

It just did it again today and this time the entire movement stopped and started again, when I reset the chrono. Off to the watchmaker again on monday :(

5. DON Aug 27, 2017

Could be one of the chrono gears needs a minor adjustment. A screw moves a plate in and out,, so gears mesh properly. Could be a touch too close and would run off and on due to this

DON

Timelab likes this.
  6. photo500 Aug 27, 2017

Yep sounds like the spacing of the chronograph gears has been messed with. Or the wheels are not properly clean.