Forums Latest Members
  1. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 6, 2015

Hi all
    Im new to this forum and i just bought myself an Seamaster titanium tantalum rosegold and found this forum while trying to find out more info, regarding my new buy that I'm really happy with. And it took me quite a while to find it, not the info but the watch.
    But I found so many other nice and cool comments here that made me realize how much I want/need a Speedmaster it would be nice to find something from the 60ies.
    But I will probably go for any year, if I just find the one that feels right and have the price that I can afford or are willing to pay.
    Thank you all for a lot of interesting and fun reading, earlier I thought that I was a watch lunatic and my wife have been trying to tell me that too but this forum showed me that I I have nothing to worry about I'm not even close to be even slightly crazy yet :)

2. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Dec 6, 2015

Welcome to the Forum

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2015

Post some pics of your Ti-Tan-Rau!

4. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 6, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Here comes a few photos as requested. image.jpg
    Oops looks like some photos came several times, as I said earlier I'm new here and im a slow learner but hopefully I'll get it soon how to use this great forum.

image.jpg image.jpg
  5. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 6, 2015

Thank you!

6. alam Dec 6, 2015

Welcome! ...many of us have used the "yet" qualifier before. It all goes down hill from there... enjoy the hunting!

wwhntr likes this.
  7. italy1861 Dec 6, 2015

Love the Ti-Tan-Rau! Welcome and good luck on your hunt for a Speedy! Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions before you make a purchase. The knowledge on this forum can help save you a lot of headaches!

8. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 6, 2015

Thank you and have a great day

9. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 6, 2015

Sweet SMP. For Speedys, www.speedmaster101.com is a great resource.

Check there, and then look on eBay and start to grade watches that come up for sale. Check the hands, dial, bezel, pushers, movt, serial, etc.

Only when you feel 100% confident in your ability to assess a vtg speedy, are you ready to buy one.

Trusting a seller can sometimes be a crapshoot.

10. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 6, 2015

Keep in mind the "Golden Rules":
    Buy the seller, not the watch.
    Condition, condition, condition!
    This one's on me: Enjoy the hunt as it's almost as much fun as the capture :)

gemini4 and watchknut like this.
  11. gouverneur Dec 7, 2015

I'll second the Speedmaster 101 recommendation, I read that religiously and consulted it frequently while hunting for my first Speedie, before settling on a mid-1980s example from a seller on this forum.

I also second the thoughts of MikiJ. If anything, I find that the hunt is more fun than the eventual acquisition! The great thing about the Speedie is it's a watch that comes up frequently, probably one of the 2-3 most frequently sold watches in the vintage market (the Sub is the other one I'm thinking of). So don't feel like you need to "jump" on any one example, if there's something about it that you're not sold on, keep your powder dry and you'll see something you really love pop up sooner or later.

Davidt likes this.
  12. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 9, 2015

Thank you all for the tips, I will for sure browse around for a while and I would actually don't mind one in fairly rough but working condition that I can use as a all around watch without being afraid of scratching it

13. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Dec 9, 2015

May I ask why you're specifically looking for a 60's speedmaster and not just any speedmaster?

14. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 10, 2015

No other reason than it would be cool with a pre moon watch that actually was the watch that won the race to the moon, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the number of the cal is 321.
    But I'm not a collector by any means and might end up with a much later one I just like the looks of them and think they are cool and will use it on a daily basis at work or party.

15. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 10, 2015

Your Seamaster Titane is really cool! Congratulations!

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your Speedy Quest :)

16. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 10, 2015

Thank you :)

17. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 10, 2015

I was looking around mostly on e bay when I found it and I really liked it when I first saw it in my hand I haven't even seen one of those in real life but it was as awesome in real life as it was in my mind dreaming about it :)