Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster from 1983 dealer changed hands during service

1. bob1698 Jun 17, 2019

I have a Speedmaster pro 1983 and it was sent for a service, some parts where changed inside mainspring and so on,
    But they changed the crystal and the hands along with the crown and buttons,
    1. Are these new hands tritium or superlumonova
    2. Has this effected the value of my watch

Many thanks if anyone could help

IMG_3359.JPG
  2. Tatu Jun 17, 2019

1. Most likely superluminova (since it is unlikely to have tritium in stock)
    2. In collectors eyes: Yes, definitely. Value "went down" since hands are not matching the dial. But we are not talking a crazy collectible piece anyway so I would not worry too much.

Mark020 likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 17, 2019

Will be SL replacements. Short answer to 2 is yes, negatively, but if they returned the original hands then that is less of an issue than if they are gone for good.

4. bob1698 Jun 17, 2019

Great many thanks, They gave me the old hands back,

padders likes this.
  5. CJpickup57 Jun 17, 2019

Welcome to the forum!

If I may inquire, was this a recent service? If so how much did it cost?

6. bob1698 Jun 17, 2019

Many thanks, They took 2 months to complete the work, when I collected the watch the chronograph did not work so I took it back they have had the watch for another 2 weeks, The cost was about 800 GBP, this work was conducted by the omega dealer in Brno in the Czech Rep, If i could contact Omega SA i would and register a formal complaint. they changed parts I told them to ask me first but they did not listen,