Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Day Date Chronograph Reset PROBLEM

1. Nebelmeister Oct 21, 2016

Speedmaster Day Date Chronograph Reset - Second Hand 2 seconds out (past Zero)
    Anyone any ideas?
    Never had one of these beasties before and know they are abit quirky
    i.e. no resetting time or days between certain times etc
    Tried running and resetting chrono a number of times
    Am I being abit thick and missing something ?
    Any HELPFUL advice welcome::facepalm1::

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2016

Trip to the watchmaker would be appropriate, is it a used / second hand watch?

3. Nebelmeister Oct 21, 2016

Yep it is - but amazingly it has a 24month Omega UK warranty on it just had a Complete Service Category 3 done dated 10/10/16
    Plus bought from a reputable dealer.
    It's the main reason I bought it !
    Been looking out for one of these for sometime.
    That's why I was wondering if I'm missing something blindingly obvious ?

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 21, 2016

If the hand resets to the same spot every time, and not centered, then the hand has to be removed and reset on the watch properly.

If it has warranty, use it.

Cheers, Al

5. Nebelmeister Oct 21, 2016

Ok thanks Al, appreciate your advice.
    I have been onto the retailer I bought it from and obviously there's no problem, it'll go back to Omega to be sorted.
    I also spoke to a well regarded watch repairer in Bristol who said the same as you or he said the hammer may be stuck, which ever way frustratingly inconvenient when you've just received a new buy and can't play with it ! ! :(
    Regards
    Nebelmeister

6. Nebelmeister Nov 29, 2016

All sorted now, retailer sent it back to Omega UK to be fixed under the Omega warranty. They have put a new second hand on it.
    Had it back for just over a week now with a new 2 year Omega warranty from date of this repair, so happy, happy ! :)
    So now as I get older with dementia setting in I'll know what day, month & date it is, that is of course, providing I can read the details on the dial as my eyesight starts to fade, as it invariably will. However I could still be smug in the knowledge that I had the these facts at my disposal if only I could see them ::screwloose::

Paedipod likes this.
  7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 29, 2016

Unless the month has only 30 days, or it's February (leap year or not). For that reason, I bought my ageing mother one of these :)

60116 Grande-142x180.jpg