Forums Latest Members

WTB Speedmaster crown and bracelet

1. Kkk3 Sep 6, 2013

friends,

im from the philippines, i hope you could help me.

i own a two tone speedmaster. im looking for the crown and its bracelet.

the crown is corroded, hence moist accumulates inside the watch. the bracelet on the other hand lost the omega logo.

thanks, any leads would be highly appreciated. attached are the pics of my watch.

photo.JPG securedownload.jpeg
  2. ulackfocus Sep 6, 2013

Unscrew the crown and put that watch in a bunch of uncooked rice to suck the moisture out!

3. Kkk3 Sep 7, 2013

ulackfocus,

moisture already gone. the service center said that the crown is corroded, need to replace. unfortunately, it costs an arm and a leg here in the philippines. as such trying to look for an alternative.

thanks for the advise.

4. pascs Sep 7, 2013

That looks like a Speedmaster reduced 175.0032

The crown is pretty cheap £15. I would imagine that if you are going to replace the crown then you should replace the pushers and the case gasket to ensure everything is water tight. The gold plated pushers are about £20 each.

For the bracelet clasp, do you have the number from the clasp? I would assume any of the reduced Speedmaster clasps from the same design bracelet, but the normal steel one, would fit.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2013

Buy the crown and new stem yourself from the dealer or Ofrei.com. Check the web to learn how to do it, or find a reasonable watchmaker (any watchmaker can do it) in Quezon City.