Forums Latest Members
  1. Archierowe May 18, 2019

Hi all,

This is my first ever post - so please forgive my ignorance!

I always wanted a dream watch! You know the ones you saw one day and thought "wow, that's beautiful." I always felt like that about the Speedmaster, so I saved for what seemed like forever and bought it. Yes!!! What a day that was, I'll never forget reassuring my wife that this was my mid-life crisis early and that I wouldn't be hankering after anything else...until.

To my utter horror gentlemen, I appear to be more clumsy than I realised. My beloved 'Moonwatch' was picking up scratches on the crystal (I know, it will and it adds to the appeal - with you on that one!) But for some reason it kept gaining time (on, sadly three occasions). The local AD was kind enough (each time) to 'de-mag' it.

But one morning I woke up and thought to myself that I was becoming stressed just wearing this watch. I was gutted.

But I knew that even though the Speedy Pro is the real deal, I believed it better to trade it for something more 'robust'.

And so, on my journey I go. But I realised nothing compared to the Speedy for me and then I saw the Speedmaster Co axial chronograph - specifically the model number - 311.30.44.51.01.002.

I was (2 days ago), thrilled - I could still have the Speedy Pro ascetic - to some extent but it seemed more 'solid' - sapphire and somewhat anti magnetic.

But it's..... discontinued.

My question is this gents (I apologise for the lengthy narrative):

Do I attempt to pick up the discontinued 9300 version or do I wait until Omega do a new version/will they do an updated version of this model?

I thank you so much for reading and would love some advice!

Best wishes,

M

2. ext1 May 18, 2019

What's your price budget??? The updated version IMO will be much more expensive than standard speedy pro.

And I don't think the coax 9300 speedy is more "robust" than the standard speedy pro. Among those two, speedy pro gets my vote.

But "robust" is quite a nebulous term too, I can see what 9300 speedy does better than the 1861 speedy, but still not what I would consider as more overall robust.

3. gttime May 18, 2019

The 9300 is a fantastic watch. You can also get the black racing version which has the full antimagnetic movement but I don’t love the minute markers on the black racing. They work much better on the white and black racing.

I have both the black 9300 and the white and black racing. Love them both.

4. Archierowe May 19, 2019

Thanks gents, I admit, 'robust' may not have been the correct term in hindsight. I think it's the fact that the Speedy Pro was running fast on three occasions due to being magnetised and I felt that I'd needed to be more careful - was beginning to just not wear it (as I do need to use computers).

Budget is not huge but can stretch to second hand co axial speedy.

I guess I'll have a look!

Many thanks