Forums Latest Members
  1. k12123 Jul 22, 2020

I just got my speedy yesterday and I am absolute in love with it! However, I was disappointed when it comes to the clasp. It doesn’t click so easily when I press it against my skin. Sometimes I would have to press it at a certain spot in order for it to click easily.

Also, when removing the watch, sometimes the clasp can stick despite my pressing the buttons all the way. Anyone else experience this before? Should I send the bracelet back or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

2. SkunkPrince Jul 22, 2020

Before you try anything yourself take it back! Once you mess with it the warranty is void, at least as far as the bracelet is concerned.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. SkunkPrince Jul 22, 2020

Wait, "send it back"? As in you got it mail order? See if you can find someone locally to look at it.

4. k12123 Jul 22, 2020

Oh I haven’t disassembled anything. And by sending it back, I meant mailing the bracelet back to the AD for repair/replacement.

5. SkunkPrince Jul 22, 2020

Ah, well. Take the watch off. Open and close a few times. DO press the buttons to close as well as open. See if repeating that action makes it easier. I know you think it should just close by pressing on the clasp when it's on your wrist but it ain't necessarily so.

6. vbrad26 Jul 22, 2020

I think I remember my new speedy being a little difficult to close. Either it has gotten better with wear or I am just used to it.
    I place my thumb below all of the text on the clasp and push down but with somewhat of upwards motion as well...if that makes sense...
    By "upwards" I mean putting a bit of pressure towards the text on the clasp. So pressure down and towards the text.

7. vbrad26 Jul 22, 2020

Yeah if you are pushing down on the text (where the actual clasp mechanism is), it is not really going to work.
    You have to push down further away.

8. k12123 Jul 22, 2020

Does yours also stick when undoing the clasp?

9. ChiefMark Jul 22, 2020

My Speedmaster clasp opened and closed perfectly and smoothly. I could close it by just pressing it gently against my wrist or by pressing the buttons, closing it, and releasing the buttons. It fell open easily without binding when pressing both buttons.

The replacement adjustable clasp I swapped the original out for operates with same smooth action. In my opinion, if your clasp is binding up, it should be looked at. This is purely a feel thing though, it either feels smooth or it doesn't.

10. Evitzee Jul 22, 2020

Make sure there isn't any lint or a bit of left over protective tape on the clasp that may be interfering with the mechanism. Use a little soap and wash/rinse it under warm water to clear any stuff away.