Forums Latest Members
  1. reesew Apr 7, 2019

Just had complete service on my Speedmaster professional. Tried to use chronograph and second hand stopped at 59 seconds and watch completely stopped running. When I reset second hand to zero watch ran again. When watch is fully wound, the chronograph seems to function properly. This problem did not happen again for several days until this am before my morning winding. After a full wind chronograph worked properly again. I noticed in some other threads it was mentioned that more power reserve might be needed for the chronograph to work. Should I assume above malfunction is normal if watch not fully wound or should I send back for adjustment of the chronograph function. I did spend a lot of money for a complete service and expected the watch to run like new. The watch was bought around 1975-80. It is a caliber 861.

2. Canuck Apr 7, 2019

Your second sentence tells most if not all. If you are winding it fully (and I mean FULLY), and the watch behaves this way within 24-hours after winding, it should go back.