Forums Latest Members
  1. epl108 Oct 2, 2014

Hi Speedmaster Gurus -

I just recently got back my first vintage Omega, a 145.012 from a long service. I couldn't be happier getting to look down and see it on my wrist again! As I was looking at it, and messing around with the chronograph the other day though, I noticed something that I'm not sure is correct or not: when I start the chronograph, the minute register moves to the 1 minute "tick mark" right away, rather than after 1 minute of time has actually elapsed. Is this correct or is it a simple adjustment that a watchmaker can make to have the counter not move until after the time has elapsed? The way it is now, when my chronograph reads 5 minutes, really only 4 minutes of time have passed.

Thanks all - always appreciate your help!

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 2, 2014

Let me guess....a trusted local watchmaker?

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 2, 2014

It happens, but is not normal. I had the same issue with my cal. 321 after a service by a very reputable shop.

Your watchmaker should take care of it, as it means he didn't adjust it properly during the service.

4. epl108 Oct 2, 2014

Thank, Darlinboy . I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to double check. And the watch maker in question is a very reputable guy, and someone I'd go back to in a second - this was probably just an oversight as he tried to finish the job for me knowing how excited I was to get my watch back.

Thanks again