Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster...can we ever get enough?

1. garryboy Sep 18, 2019

Oh my! I do like that

2. Martin_J_N Sep 18, 2019

Awesome story of your Speedmaster purchase and the initial box opening. I bought mine this May and love it, it is just such a nice watch. I didn't get the full 'first time open the box when I got home' experience as we went through the process in store to de-sticker and size the watch before I left. But opening that box, first the cardboard packing box, then the black sleeve, then lifting the double lid to reveal the actual watch case, the undoing the clips to at last open the case and see your watch nestling there is a great experience.

Glad you are enjoying your watch, Speedmasters - especially the Moonwatch are great.

mikekchc likes this.
  3. giminix7 Sep 18, 2019

Opening the box feels like landing the eagle every time again and again :)

4. Widows Son Jun 4, 2020

Your thread cracked me up!!!! It started out like...Dear Penthouse forum, I never thought it would happen to me......But seriously, great write up, great watches!!!! BTW, I've been away from general aviation a LONG time. What kind of a jet is that. Looks like maybe a Falcon, or a Gulfstream??? Even I know it's not a Lear or a Cessna Citation.....

Faz and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 4, 2020

I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s a Citation X [Ten]...I see that big engine nacelle. :thumbsup:

6. Faz Jun 4, 2020

:D:D:D:):):)

7. 64Wing Jun 5, 2020

Mad Dog reveals his wisdom, yet again! :cool:

8. dberdichevsky Jun 15, 2020

Thanks for sharing. Awesome story! Hope you are enjoying your well deserved Speedy!

9. w@tcher Jun 16, 2020

Please buy the FOIS and write a similar article for me!!
    :cool::cool::cool:

Nice to read that again and again...

10. 64Wing Jun 16, 2020

64Wing is now accepting donations to acquire an additional Speedy for another write-up! :D

w@tcher likes this.
  11. 64Wing Jun 16, 2020

Forgot to even mention a cool fact! For the other aviation needs that might be reading this, the first photo was taken inside the old Willow Run bomber factory in Ypsilanti, MI where the B-24 Liberator was built. The majority of the plant has since been torn down, but this section remains, including the control tower from when it was a military airfield primarily. There are catwalks in the rafters and even a couple of the original 25-ton overhead cranes (which were largely operated by women). It's a marvelous building and I love going there every chance I get. If you're unfamiliar, do a quick search for it. It's a remarkable story of American manufacturing prowess and yet another great WWII story; my favorite period of history to study.

Cheers all!

12. RARJ Jun 16, 2020

Also on my hit list. I got the stainless version of this watch last summer and just adore it. The size is perfect for me so now I've got my sights set on some other editions/materials.

This hue of blue is perfect in my opinion. I already bought the blue gator strap for it as added incentive to someday dial it up!