Forums Latest Members
  1. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 12, 2015

Speedmaster cal 321 ref 145012

does this look genuine?

i think the 1 at the ref number is missing? (or is it just light)

im not sure if the engravements in the inner case should look this way...

IMG_1996.jpg IMG_1997.jpg IMG_1998.jpg
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 12, 2015

thats a much earlier movement, (number would suit a 105.002 or early '003)

The Case is a genuine omega service replacement - note the 145.0012 designation.

Dial and handset is also new.

Watchco built up similar to this several years ago and sold them for $2500-3500 each.

3. Davidt Mar 12, 2015

It's a new service case and caseback (hence 1450012 and not 145012), with a new bezel, new dia and new hands.

It's either a Speedmaster that's had a full 'renovation' or a watch that's been built up from a 321 movement and new parts.

4. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 12, 2015

what would u pay for it?

5. Davidt Mar 12, 2015

Do you want a vintage Speedmaster?

If so, this isn't it. It's worth the sum of it's parts, unless someone particularly wants a 'new' 321 Speedy.

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 12, 2015

I wouldn't buy it at all, would much rather have an all correct "beater" than this one.

YMMV.:)

Eric_navi likes this.
  7. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 12, 2015

Don't buy that one.
    If you're hot to trot to buy one,
    give us a price range, we'll help ;)

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 12, 2015

SC - this was the same watch you posted yesterday in a separate thread, where some great advice was given. You know that you want a Speedmaster, and that's half of the battle. But delayed gratification is a good thing. Take the time to read up on the various Speedmaster references and movements, as there's a library worth of materials available. The community here is great, but the best way to learn is by wading through all of the information on your own. Knowledge is power.

As to the watch above - there will always be another watch, and hastily jumping on the first one that you see typically leads to regret (unless you're super lucky, and the Speedie posted up top is not an example of that). If you want vintage, the "chase" is the best part, and the one above would be a terrible purchase that you'd likely move on from fairly quickly. If you want new, buy new. Not restored and "like new."

9. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 12, 2015

thanks guys, ill let it go (the seller asked me to remove the movement pictures as he was not amused when i forwarded the information)

what im looking for is a vintage speedmaster (pre-moon) for about 2500 euro. i dont need the steel strap as i would like to wear it with a rough brown leather band. i dont mind heavy wear and tear at the case and i also dont mind heavy patina. caliber shall be 321 or 861.

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 12, 2015

I expect the seller is not amused that his parts watch is exposed as such....

SpikiSpikester and Darlinboy like this.
  11. Davidt Mar 12, 2015

You're trying to come out of the traps too fast. If you can't yet pick up all the replacement parts on this watch, you're not yet ready to buy on your own.

We've all been there. Excited about our first purchase and convinced that the worlds supply of Speedmasters/Constellations etc is drying up and no half way decent watch will ever be listed for sale again, so you've got to grab something, anything, now. It isn't. Good Speedmasters come along fairly frequently, and moderately frequently at a good price.

Be patient. It will come and it'll be all the more satisfying when it does.

bazamu, TNTwatch and Spacefruit like this.
  12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 12, 2015

If that's your price range, I would look for an 861 cal. A 145.012 is all you'd find in that price range, and likely not a great example. I really think taking the time to find a great example is more important than simply finding an example.

My ten cents: Look for a 145.022 transitional if you want the looks of the better preserved 321's, but with a lower price tag. And be patient!

13. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 12, 2015

14. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 17, 2015

the "official omega store" evaluated the watch with 3400 euro and made a certificate which claims that the watch is considered as 100% genuine "new old stock"... (i could have purchased it for 2.4k)

they didnt even note that the case is a "omega service replacement"

how the fuck can they accept that... the watchmaker there came out of the "room" and spoke to the owner and said that he has never seen such a "great" piece in his 30 life career

::puke::

Edited Mar 17, 2015
  15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 17, 2015

I think you need to chill out a bit and not buy anything for a while, A) that's an insurance valuation at best, not what it's worth B) It isn't New Old Stock, its later re-manufactured parts C) This has all been explained to you already in this thread D) I don't even know what the "Omega shop" is but if its a boutique you're talking about, they deal exclusively in brand new Omegas and don't know anything about the correct parts on 321 Speedmasters.

16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 17, 2015

+1

17. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 17, 2015

Three things:
    1 - Trust that people here know what they're talking about. Clearly this one particular watchmaker knows very little about Speedmasters.
    2 - Nothing about this hobby is life or death, and no Speedmaster will make you a millionaire collector overnight.
    3 - Your posts are all over the place. Calm down, do your own homework without just starting random threads, and try not to look at this in such an impulsive, emotional manner. If that's not possible, I don't think this is a great hobby for you to become immersed in. Seriously.

Also, take note of how many other people write the f-word throughout their posts. It does not reflect well.

Temiyasen, RawArcher, Hijak and 2 others like this.
  18. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 17, 2015

ye, thanks - im over emotional xD

todays "sound investment"

IMG_3264.jpg
    Edited Mar 17, 2015
    Spacefruit, pitpro and gemini4 like this.
  19. calalum Mar 17, 2015

If there is one thing that a lot of people here are very aware of, it is that it is far better to buy the "right" piece than getting something that is substandard and will likely cause concern later. For me the "what is original and what is not" issue is the most important consideration. Also, when searching for a relatively common reference, there are a lot of opportunities to buy. It is not like you are looking for a NOS 2915. So be patient, learn from the experts here (as most of us try to do), get to know the market, and when something comes up that is legit and is in your budget (if that is realistic), then proceed. But taking shortcuts is not the answer, IMHO.

20. Davidt Mar 17, 2015

Finally a well thought out, sensible post! Congrats!

AAAKK and Hijak like this.