Forums Latest Members
  1. JLosi1 Oct 8, 2020

Hi all,

I'm an expat living in Hong Kong and yesterday i walked past a vintage watch shop, when a Omega Speedmaster caught my eye. My Father and Grandad have/had Seamasters throughout their lives but after seeing the Speedmaster yesterday i have my heart set on one. So, i have a few questions...

Ideally i would like to buy a model from my birth year (1991), is this possible? When searching for vintage/second hand watchers, hardly any adverts include the year of manufacture, is there a special way or model number i should be looking out for?

Is 1991 a special year, meaning more expensive etc? Is there a reputable online market place to find the above watch? (i wouldn't mind buying a newer watch if it saves a considerable amount)

Any input is appreciated.

2. Bauhaus Oct 8, 2020

Hi. It’s easy to find on www.chrono24.com.
    You can filter on “year”.
    They now have 7 from 1991.

A 1991 Speedy is a nice choice.
    The Speedy’s then still had Tritium.
    Which gives a nice yellow tone.

There’s also a limited edition done in that period, with a display case back. Its the “Apollo xi”.

happy hunting

schoolboy and guwipa like this.
  3. Marsimaxam Oct 8, 2020

Helps to educate one self too...
    The book Moonwatch Only is a good reference book for Speedmasters but if you don't want to shell out 200 USD you can always find information online pertaining to a 1991 Speedmaster

As Bauhaus has mentioned it is definitely possible to buy a 1991 Speedmaster
    1991 reference 3590.50.00 model ST 145.022 calibre 861

There are a number of online sites that sale pre-owned Speedmasters or you can check the Omega Forum sales forums from both private sellers and dealers... do a search on Google for "Omega Speedmaster 145.0022 1991 for sale"... you will get plenty of hits.

Here are a few links for education:
    https://www.craftandtailored.com/products/1991-omega-speedmaster-professional-ref-145-022