Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Broad Arrow 3551.20.00 link

1. avantix Nov 24, 2016

Hey everyone, I need to source an extra link for my Speedmaster 3551.20.00, does anyone know what width it is or a bracelet number?

Thanks!!

2. meganfox17 Nov 24, 2016

" SELAMAT DATANG "
    Hello Sir ! How Are You ?
    Welcome on Board to the Omega Forum [​IMG]
    Please feel free to tell Us something about yourself so that we can Serve You better. Sit Back , Fasten your seatbelt , relax & enjoy 0ur Inflight Infortainment Services.
    Our Crew members will be serving You shortly[​IMG]We hope you have an enjoyable flight .Thank You For Flying Malaysian Airways

3. meganfox17 Nov 25, 2016

Meet the Pilot & Co PiIot of your flight , Gulf War Veterans & former Apache Helicopter pilots .They are really Super Hardcore Speedy worshippers.
    @Mad Dog [​IMG]Now they make a living flying real commercial airliners & visiting Dunkin Donut outlets all over the world[​IMG]Now meet this gentleman. I'm terrified of him @ulackfocus [emoji85] [​IMG]If I were you , I would put up an Avatar profile picture A.S.A.P

Edited Nov 25, 2016
    kkt, Jwit, Noisy Nova and 1 other person like this.
  4. meganfox17 Nov 25, 2016

Hi Guys [emoji137]

See what I mean ??

Isnt it embarassing that a female rookie can somehow find a way to identify all the types of bracelets & end links ( And code numbers ) available for your Broad Arrow 3551.20 while simultaneously learning about the Incredible history of the Speedmaster bracelets no matter how difficult the odds are ?

If you have done your homework you will be able to identify the name of this Speedmaster Guru[​IMG]And which of the following Bracelet / End Links he has chosen as his Holy Grail[​IMG]It really is a beauty....[​IMG]Heck ! I can even show you the bracelet & extra link(s) you require[​IMG]Let the other forum readers provide their respected inputs

Me ? I worked my butt off looking for the bracelet/ end links & now YOU need to do the same.....

Edited Nov 25, 2016
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 25, 2016

On a slightly less surreal level (though Mad Dog really does look like that when he posts), the bracelet number is stamped on the inside of the clasp so since you need a link and presumably have the bracelet I would start there.

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Nov 25, 2016

Unfortunately none of those bracelets are correct for the 3551.

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 25, 2016

True, a BA wouldn't have 'Professional' on the clasp for a start. Do try harder Megan.

8. meganfox17 Nov 25, 2016

I'll PM you the bracelet code & links. Can you double check with me

Edit : That photo was a history of the some of Speedy bracelets over the yrs. I apologize for the misunderstanding

Edited Nov 25, 2016
  9. meganfox17 Nov 25, 2016

I'm always reading Sir & will continue to do so but I believe there are other bracelet options. Anyway I have PM @dennisthemenace my thoughts & let him decide if there's any basis.

Edit : Dennis has provided the original bracelet & link number codes. I have suggested 2 alternatives which would fit the lugs

Edited Nov 25, 2016
  10. avantix Nov 25, 2016

Somehow I feel like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone but kinda like it. :)

I actually did spend the better part of the morning researching the 3551 links but since it's not a very popular reference I had a hard time identifying if the standard professional bracelet link (1998/840 or more current 1998/849) would fit. Now I'm back to square one :(

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 25, 2016

Proper bracelet for this reference is 1620/887. Spare link is 114ST1620, and is available from Omega, so give your local AD or boutique a call.

Cheers, Al

Jwit and Riviera Paradise like this.
  12. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Nov 25, 2016

There's a good chance they would fit, but they would look odd because they are flat, whereas the 1620 links have a slightly curved profile.
    If you have a problem obtaining the correct link that Al has provided the part number for drop me a PM. I have a few somewhere in the parts box.

13. avantix Nov 25, 2016

dennisthemenace.....I PM'd you

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 26, 2016

If he doesn't have one, these should only be about $45 US from an AD or Boutique, and they would not have any issues selling them.

15. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 26, 2016

It surprised me how cheap links are direct from my local boutique. I purchased 2 links for the Bond SMP bracelet at around £20 a pop whereas on the likes of ebay or from Cousins (robbing gits) they are more like double that,

Archer likes this.
  16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 26, 2016

I don't often recommend an AD or Boutique, but since most of the resellers charge more than Omega retail for bracelet parts, there are a lot of parts out there that people have paid too much for, and even if they sell them for what they paid, it would still be more than what Omega sells them for.,..